SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 2, 2016

LIFE LATELY {05.02.2016}

I feel as though time is just slipping out of my hands. Recently, I have been so busy at work and on weekends, I have been enjoying some quality time with my husband so I feel like I never have time to post anything.
 
Life is great! Currently, we will be 25 weeks pregnant this week. Hard to believe how quickly it goes. I feel like every time I get an idea to post on the blog, I end up getting caught up. My next doctor's appointment is Thursday, May 5. Not sure, but I believe this may be the glucose test, if so, I'll definitely have to write about that. I have heard so many different things about this. Some people say it's not that bad, other's say it was the worst thing ever. I am definitely excited to be able to get to this point because just a few years ago, we didn't know if we would ever carry a healthy baby.
 
Two weeks ago, I fighting the flu and a UTI. That was an experience. I knew something was wrong the second I woke up. I got to work and started throwing up and felt absolutely horrible. My co-workers kept saying that I looked pale, so I finally called my doctor and the nurse basically told me to go home, take my temperature, and if it rose above 100.6 to call them. I monitored it all day while I was home, and around 5:30pm took it again to find that it had gone up to 101.34. I called the on-call nurses who advised me to have someone take me to the ER. Unfortunately, my husband was at school and wasn't able to take me, so my in-laws had to come and get me. We got to the ER and they started with blood tests, checked my urine for UTI, and did the
 
flu test. The doctor came back and told me I was positive for both a UTI and the flu. I spent about five hours in the ER being pumped with fluids and antibiotics. We finally left the ER around midnight. The next couple of days, I stayed home and rested. Thankfully, I was able to get better in time for work. I should say, that I have never had the flu or a UTI, and honestly, I didn't think I had either. I always assumed with the flu I'd feel like death and with a UTI, I'd have burning sensations, but I didn't really have either. I mean I felt really bad and I knew something wasn't right, but I definitely wasn't expecting the flu or a UTI. All in all, I'm thankful to be over that and feeling much better. I still have a cough, but it's slowly going away. Once I felt a little better, my wonderful husband and I went out for a movie date to see The Jungle Book, which we highly recommend, it was absolutely wonderful! I did my best to get "dolled up," but I still felt horrible so it was a miracle I managed to get dressed and put make up on.

23 Weeks
We are just a few days away from our anniversary and baby shower invites will be going out soon! I can't wait to see all of our friends and family. I do have some plans to post more and as I progress in this pregnancy, and doctor's appointments are closer, I will definitely have lots to post about.
 
Side note, for all my preggo friends that live in Texas, dresses are going to be my go-to for the entirety of the summer. It's only the second day of May it's horribly hot! I'm looking forward to getting this preggo belly in a cool pool, and I look forward to grilling because barbeque sounds delicious.
 
I will post after my doctor's appointment on Thursday!
 
Have a great day!