SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, December 16, 2019

DOLLAR TREE STOCKING STUFFERS | BLOGMAS DAY 1


I’m a little late on Blogmas, but we still have time before Santa makes his arrival and I thought I’d share a few of my favorite frugal stocking stuffer ideas. If you’re like me, DT (Dollar Tree) is your happy place. I love finding inexpensive items and transforming them. If you head to Pinterest, you can find a plethora of amazing DIY DT craft ideas for Christmas and everyday decor/life, but today I want to focus specifically on stocking stuffers - for kids and adults.



Let’s start with kids! Here are 5 DT stocking stuffers they’ll actually enjoy! (Recommended for ages 2+)



1. PLAYDOH

Both of my boys have recently started enjoying Playdoh, which has been a great tool for “quiet/I depend playtime.” They will spend a good 30-45 minutes just playing, but Playdoh at Walmart/Target, etc can be a bit pricey, so I just head over to DT and snag two of each color of Playdoh. I also grab “utensils” and other items that could enhance their Playdoh play. For example, you could easily grab a rolling pin and some cookie cutters, and voila! - you have a fun, and inexpensive, Playdoh cooking-inspired kit for way cheaper than the big box retailers.

2. HOTWHEELS or DOLLS/DISNEY ITEMS

Dollar Tree just recently started carrying both the Hotwheel and Disney brands which is amazing! My two boys love cars and for $1, you can easily make all of their hotwheels dreams come true. They also have non-brand cars as well. I was so excited when DT started carrying Disney-inspired products. I’ve seen Tsum Tsum dolls, cups, plates, and other related small toys. If your child loves Frozen, right now DT has some great options including bath bombs and colored soap flakes, stockings and more all Frozen themed! If you’re little guy adores Mickey, you can easily score Mickey items like coloring books, sticker books, crayons, and more!

3. GLOW STICKS

Kids love glow sticks and there are so many fun ways you can use these. My favorite way, is using them during bath time. When my boys are ready for their bath, I pop a glow sticks into the tub and turn the bathroom light off. The kids think it’s the greatest thing! Add a small amount of bubbles and you’ve now created a super amazing bath experience!

4. BATH/WATER ACTIVITY TOYS

Glow sticks aside, DT has lots of fun plastic toys that are perfect for bath time. My kids always love to haul toys in the tub but those squirt toys get nasty after awhile and most of the time, my boys find them to be quite boring. After realizing that DT has a lot of beach-type toys, we stocked up on those and they are now apart of our bath routine. We keep a small basket in the bathroom and toss the toys in there once bath time is done.

5. CRAYONS & PAINT

What child doesn’t love art? DT has crayons, markers, paint, and so many other craft-related supplies.   My boys especially love the Disney characters crayons and markers - specifically Lightning McQueen, Mickey, and Woody/Buzz from Toy Story.

Next, let’s talk teens! Here are 5 DT stocking stuffers for them.


1. CELL PHONE SCREEN PROTECTOR

A few years ago, I discovered that DT had screen protectors for phones, and for $1 I figured if it cracked but kept me phone from cracking, it was worth it. I used a DT screen protector and was honestly impressed! It last several months before I dropped my phone and had to replace the screen protector. But for $1, I could easily do that! Big box carries the same screen protectors, but you’re going to end up spending $10-20. Instead, grab a few of these for your teen and avoid having to pay replacement costs for a broken iPhone screen.

2. HAIR BRUSH/ACCESSORIES

DT often has some super cute hair brushes! I’ve seen floral, leopard, and plain, which is great for anyone with a vinyl cutting machine because then you can get super creative. DT also has LOTS of accessories like Bobby-pins and hair clips, so for that teen girl that’s always losing hers, stock up and toss them in the stocking!

3. BATH BOMBS/TOILETRIES

I’ve found quite a few bath bombs that smelled amazing at DT. They also have body sprays and other items that are perfect for pre-teen girls. For boys, you could easily grab some Deodorant, because let’s face it, boys get stinky and now, you can have a deodorant for their bedrooms, bathrooms, backpacks, etc!

4. STRING LIGHTS

Apparently, string lights are a hit for teen rooms right now, so why not grab a few strands for them to hang over their beds or wherever! DT also has small clothes pin clips that you could pair with plain string for a DIY floating/interchangeable photo wall. These are super popular for dorm rooms as well!

5. CELL PHONE STAND

This is a clever idea as they can easily use this on their night stand when they are up on their phones catching up on YouTube videos of their favorite TV shows. And if your teen likes to do YouTube videos, they can easily use the stand as a tri-pod during filming! DT also has the kind you can place on your dashboard or air vent and this is a great way to encourage hands free driving for your teen! They can snap their phone into the dash/air vent phone holder thus allowing them to keep it out of their hands and ensure they aren’t texting while driving.

Lastly, adults!


1. SOCKS

Let’s face it, what adult doesn’t get socks? Believe it or not, DT has some super comfy socks and during certain seasons, like Christmas, they release cute designs. Grab a few pairs and add a few stuffers like nail polish - for a spa-day theme, or candy - for a movie-night theme.

2. POT SCRUBBING PADS

I stumbled across these wire scrubbing pads and immediately fell in love. These are the easiest way to scrub dishes or that stubborn stove top. I know, it’s not the most exciting stocking stuffer, but it’s practical and it will definitely get used. If you know someone who just recently purchased a home or you just want to help update their kitchen, DT has a whole wall of cooking utensils. These make for a great gift. One of my favorites: a pot holder kitten, a spatula, and a box of cookie/brownie mix - $3 and super cute!

3. CANDY

My husband loves Reese’s, so when I can, I stock up at DT, and who doesn’t want candy in their stocking for Christmas?

4. PENS

Weird, I know, but I have found that pens are a huge hit. We are constantly searching the house for pens, so I decided to start buying them at DT and before long, I noticed that more of our family had the same issue - they couldn’t find a pen! So for Christmas, throw a few of these into the stocking, it may seem silly, but these will also get used. And, DT often has fun pens like Christmas theme!

5. GUM/TRAVEL SIZE MEDS

Gum is a universal addiction. I don’t know many people who turn down a piece of gum, so why not just toss a few packs into the stocking. Also, travel size meds like Tylenol or even hand sanitizer. Adults like things that are practical, and I promise that these come in handy. Women can easily toss these into their purses and men can keep it in their pockets or in their cars. Again, these are those items that aren’t “wow-“ worthy, but they will get used and are so appreciated when they’re needed.

Dollar Tree is pretty amazing, and with these ideas, maybe you can head there and be inspired to find some other amazing and unique stocking stuffers.


**Dollar Tree did not sponsor this blog post.**