SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 26, 2019

CHRISTMAS RECAP

This Christmas was so fun and exhausting! I woke up at 4am to feed our 2 week old baby, and next thing I know I’m in the bathroom throwing up!


I’m not entirely sure what happened, but I have a feeling that I got food poisoning from eating Taco Bell - and that’s the last of fast food for me. I tried taking Pepto, Alka Seltzer, and even Zofran, but ended up throwing all three up within minutes of taking them. I decided to try Zofran one more time and thought if I lay down and sleep, that hopefully I won't throw up - luckily it worked and I was able to keep the medicine down. However, after I woke up, I had a low grade fever of 100. Needless to say, I felt so bad for missing out on my boys playing with their toys; luckily I was able to actually watch and help them open gifts first thing in the morning. Thankfully, around 3pm, I started to feel much better.

Aside from the vomiting, we were able to have a truly wonderful time and are so incredibly thankful for another Christmas with family - even though it was a little different this year.
Normally, we wake up super early on Christmas morning, show our kiddos their Santa gifts then head to my in-laws house to open family gifts. This year however, we had to change it up a little bit. Because our daughter is only 2 weeks old, we didn't want to have to wake her up that early, so instead, the family to came us. I actually loved my in-laws being with us because this was the first time my in-laws were able to see how excited the kids were to get their Santa gifts.
As usual, we opted to keep Santa gifts to a minimum. We always try to get the kids just one or two gifts from Santa, so this year, they got a two-seater truck to drive and share, two dump trucks filled with miniature cooking utensils since they always want to play with mine and a pair of jeans, and then my in-laws gave them a cute Cars mat and Excavator from Santa. In their stockings, we threw in a few bath items like bath bombs and bath color tablets, a few coloring books or reading books, and a slinky toy. I think they loved everything they received.

This year was pretty special as it was the first time our 3-year old could actually tell us what he wanted. His Christmas list included: an Excavator, a Dump Truck, a Lighting McQueen Radiator Springs Race Track, and anything Paw Patrol. He even wrote his letter an gave it to Santa. To say he was excited is an understatement. The night we went to see Santa, Jensen wouldn't stop talking about giving his letter to Santa and when it was finally his turn, he sprinted to Santa and immediately handed him the letter. Jaxsen, our 1.5 year old, didn't do a Santa letter, but he loves cars and trains like his brother, so we ended up getting him the Thomas the Train track!
After we opened family gifts, my in-laws headed back home to finish prepping for lunch. We opted not to bring our daughter around for the annual family lunch just as a precaution for sickness since she's still so little- instead, Erik took the boys to visit and eat while Jenevieve and I rested. Don't worry, he brought back some yummy food for me, because let's face it, my in-laws make the best Thanksgiving and Christmas lunches and we only get them during those times of the year, so I take advantage of it!
I think it goes without saying, this was yet another truly wonderful Christmas filled with joy, happiness, love, celebration of the birth of our Lord, and a few gifts - as it should be.

I want to know, what did you do for Christmas this year?