SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 26, 2019

HONEST DIAPERS, HONEST REVIEW


A family friend gave me some Newborn Honest Diapers, and while we are normally a Huggies family, I wanted to give them a try because the designs are darling! So, we graciously accepted the diapers and starting using them. I decided to give my review of these precious little things.

I’m going to rate them based on price, size fit/leakage, and style options.

PRICE

Personally this was the biggest issue I had. We shop Huggies at Costco and for a box of size 1 diapers, we pay about $40 and typically get about 192 diapers. Additionally, we grab the Costco wipes for $17 and it comes with over 1000 wipes divided into about 8-10 travel packs. Broken down, I’m paying about 5cents per wipe and diaper.

Honest offers a Diapers and Wipes subscription box for $96.45. With the subscription you’ll receive 7 packs of diapers in the designs of your choice, plus 4 packs of wipes. For size 1 diapers, you’ll get 32 diapers per pack which means total, you’ll receive 245 diapers. As for wipes, you’ll get 4 packs of  72ct, which means you’ll receive a total of 288 wipes. Breaking this down, you’re looking at paying about 18cents per diaper and per wipe.

In terms of cost, I’m definitely giving it to Huggies at Costco.

SIZE FIT/LEAKAGE

Overall the sizing is pretty close. I compared my Newborn Honest to Pampers Newborn - this is what we were using from the hospital - and they were extremely close!

In terms of fit, I didn't notice a huge difference between the Honest diapers and Pampers. They both fit her just fine. She has been able to wear Newborn size in both Pampers and Honest even weighing at 8-9 lbs; both diapers claim that they can be worn until 10 lbs. I have to say that that sounds about right if you want to avoid leaks. Tip regarding leaks: I've learned over the years, with having my two boys, that it's always best to size up if the diapers start to leak. Even if your child isn't outside of the weight limits for the diaper size, I have always sized up and never had issues after that. Currently, we haven't had any issues with leakage, but she's still pretty little.


STYLE OPTIONS

Without a doubt, Honest diapers give their customers more options. With Huggies, you just head to the nearest Costco or other superstore, grab the Mickey Mouse themed pack and move on. They do have boy and girl styles - Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse usually. If you're looking for something a little more "unique" and "stylish," you definitely want to head to Honest. They have about 4 designs for girls, 4 designs for boys and then about 2-3 neutral designs including plain white.

I have to admit, I fell in love with this floral pattern, which is the pattern we received.

Isn't it so pretty?

Given the option, without money being a concern, I'd 100% choose Honest. However, I am still buying diapers for my 3- and 1.5-year olds, so we are already spending quite a bit monthly on diapers and wipes. Luckily, our 3-year old is potty trained, and during the day, he only wears underwear but at night, we haven't wanted him to start going potty in the toilet by himself, in the dark, and with access to the whole house, so we have opted to put diapers on him for bedtime.

If you are looking for a great diaper, I highly recommend Pampers, Huggies, or Honest. If you have a Costco membership, I've heard that the Costco diapers are great too, however I have not tried them.

So, there you have it. The Honest diapers are definitely a great contender. I want to know, what brand of diapers reigns supreme in your house?