SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 17, 2020

WHAT I EAT ON KETO

Over the last year, I have been trying to slowly change my diet to a Keto-friendly lifestyle. I get asked frequently about Keto, so I thought I'd share some info with you.
Right now, I am mixing Keto with 16-8 Intermittent Fasting. I typically start my fasting around 8pm and then finish at 12pm. This works perfectly for me as I am usually done eating dinner and my Keto-friendly snack by 8pm. Additionally, I don't typically eat breakfast, so I have no issues skipping and holding off until 12pm.

If you're going to start Intermittent Fasting, I recommend starting first with an 10 hour fasting, and then build from there. Here's a sample of how to build to the 16 hour fasting period.
Day 1 - Fast 10 hours (10pm - 8am)
Day 2 - Fast 10 hours (10pm to 8am)
Day 3 - Fast 12 hours (8pm to 8am)
Day 4 - Fast 12 hours (8pm to 8am)
Day 5 - Fast 14 hours (8pm to 10am)
Day 6 - Fast 14 hours (8pm to 10am)
Day 7 - Fast 16 hours (8pm to 12pm)

By Day 7, you should be able to easily transition to the 16-8 IF. It takes about 2 days for your brain to re-program and understand that you aren't going to be eating during certain times. If you need more than 2 days, that's totally fine, just be sure that if you add days, you need to do it for each step-up. For example, if you think it will take you 4 days to get accustomed to a fasting period, then you need to keep that 4-day streak.
Example:
Days 1-4 Fast 10 hours
Days 5-8 Fast 12 hours
Days 9-12 Fast 14 hours
Day 15+ Fast 16 hours.

A few things to keep in mind:
1) Start your mornings with at least 2 cups of water, if you can drink a full 16 oz bottle of water before eating anything, that's even better!
2) Make your first meal a fatty one but healthy; opt for eggs, avocado, deli meats - stay away from overly carb-y foods like breads.

There are 3 different types of Keto Plans -Dirty, Lazy, and Strict. Let's take a look at each one.

Dirty Keto
·Stay under 20g Net Carbs per day
·Involves eating processed and unhealthy foods as long as the macros work out
·Best for: anyone looking for flexibility in their diet or whose lifestyle makes clean eating difficult

Lazy Keto
·Stay under 20g Net Carbs per day
·No tracking of other macros or calories - focus is on limiting carb intake
·Best for: people who prefer to keep it simple or get overwhelmed by tracking

Strict Keto
·Stay under 20g Net Carbs per day
·Strictly monitoring all calories
·Often utilizes meal tracking apps
·Best for: goal-oriented individuals or those struggling to lose weight

Right now, I am in the middle of Lazy and Strict. I started off by doing Lazy Keto. I didn't want to have to constantly track macros and calories but as I have slowly learned to enjoy Keto-friendly foods more and have seen results, I am now slowly transitioning into the Strict Keto - I stay below 20g Net Carbs each day, I monitor calories and use My Fitness Pal to track everything I eat as well as watch my calorie and macros.

So, what do I eat regularly?

Here are my Keto staples that I keep stocked at all times:

Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
Butter
Bacon
Chicken
Chuck Roast
Ground Beef
Deli Meats
Pepperoni
Shrimp
Bell Peppers
Green Beans
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Squash
Zucchini
Cream Cheese
Eggs
Hard Cheese
Blueberries/Raspberries/Strawberries
Beef Jerkey
Almonds
Pork Rinds
Keto Chocolate Snaps
Lily's Chocolate Chips
Celcius Energy Drinks

Want Keto recipes, a FREE Keto guide, and more?
Come be apart of my group where I share all the Keto goodness at
BOMBSHELL MAMA MAKEOVER Facebook Group!