SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 21, 2013

Pre-Pregnancy to Delivery Ideas {10.21.2013}

I wanted to share with you a few things I like and want to do once we conceive again!

Pregnancy: I'm sure you've seen it just as much as I have, but I love the idea of the using the chalkboard to announce week-by-week pregnancy news: announcing how big the baby weekly or what cravings are taking place. I think it is such a unique way to share with friends and family, and one day (after the baby is born and a little older), you can print the pictures and make a scrapbook, {Definitely a cute gift for childs graduation to College or maybe when he/she gets married-I just love it!}

Staying Fit: I also want to take prenatal yoga classes, I don't know how well this will work out, but I really want to try my hardest to stay fit during pregnancy. I want to eat right, exercise at least three times a week, and I definitely want to take nightly walks {just because -hehe}.

Registry: I cannot wait to do a baby registry!!! I have so many ideas and just walking through baby stores makes the rush even stronger. I just love the idea of searching for baby stuff.

Baby Showers: I would love a baby shower! I also really want to do a a Gender Reveal party but Erik and I also like the idea of sharing that with just the two of us and the. Telling the family together... I guess we will just have to wait and see. I am also really interested in having a "Sip and See." It's a southern thing, but basically you have a little get together after the baby arrives so family members can bring gifts and see the baby. I think it's great especially since some of Erik's family members live out of the state.

The nursery: Erik and I have gone back and forth on this. It just really depends on our taste at the time as well as what we are having.  As far as decor goes, I lllooovvveee stripes and heron but again it just depends. Erik wants to do quotes on the walls and I really love that idea as well. Especially since most of the quotes are from children's books. I also llooovvveee the multi-layer bookshelves that hang on the wall, they just look handy and pretty. The rocking chair I love is a beige/cream color with a brown wood frame and outline {it's so cute! and it comes with an ottoman...score!}.

Delivery: I have had this question about five-billion times from just about any and everyone I meet. They all want to know what type of delivery I want and where. Let's start with the where part since that basically leads to the type part. Ok so, I really love the idea of a birthing center and here's why: it's peaceful, initmate, like-home, quiet, and not so "robotic" like being at a hospital. However, I like hospitals because if there is something that goes wrong, I don't have to worry too much like I would if we were at a birthing center and something went wrong. My hospital choice is Women's Hospital of Texas because that is the hospital where my husband was born and my doctor (who delivered my husband at that hospital) is affiliated. If I choose a birthing center, there is a birthing center right up the road called a Katy Birthing Center and it looks like a very sweet and comforting place. Now, the type of delivery. I would like to deliver naturally with meds (hehe).  No c-section please!!!

To Breast or Not To Breast: I'm pretty sure I will breastfeed for the first six months if I can. If not, I have absolutely no problem using formula. After six months, I feel that it would be the best time to switch the baby to formula and move on. I don't want it to become an everyday thing, and I certainly dont want my baby getting to used to it.

Thanks for reading, and God Bless
post signature