SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 14, 2013

So Much To Do, Such Little Time {10.14.2013}

So this past weekend was a very, very busy weekend for Erik and I. Let's start with the fact that our electricity went out at 4 am Saturday morning when we had to be up at 7 am. It was so frustrating!!! Erik and I are hot natured so as soon as the electricity kicked off...BOOM...we were WIDE awake. We decided to just try and sleep through it but 30 minutes later our alarms were screaming at us. We got up, got ready, and headed to E's parents house. We jumped in their car and sped off to the BBVA Compass stadium for the University of Houston vs. Memphis football game. It was HOT!!! {That's really an understatement, it was MISERABLY HOT!!!} But we still had a fun time. During halftime, we were able to go down on the field and let the Cougars run through us. That was such a fun moment for the family, we've never done anything like that before! Afterwards, we hoped in the car and drove over to Harwin. Harwin is a place where they sell things at wholesale prices. It's kind of a scary area, but it's so fun! After we left Harwin, we were dropped off at E's parents house and off we went to the Katy Rice Harvest Festival. It was fun but it was a little rainy and so humid. We walked around and checked out the 300 and something vendors. Before leaving we had to get me a Turkey Leg but it was nothing like the Ren Fest Turkey Legs! Speaking of Ren Fest, we can't go until the Halloween weekend because E's mom and I are going to be participating in the Katy Market Day this upcoming weekend so we won't be able to attend Ren Fest this weekend. {Back to this weekend...} So after spending a good hour or so at the Katy Rice Harvest Fest, we went home, kicked back, and relaxed until we were just too tired. Sunday was a lazy day in our house! We didn't get up until 11:30 am!!! {I know, I was shocked myself!!!!} We jumped up, got dressed, and ran out to E's parents house for the Texans game {which was soooo embarrassing to watch but it's E's team so I can't complain}. Sunday night was spent resting and getting E ready for work this morning. Coming up soon is E's 22nd birthday! Last year I threw him a surprise party so I think this year I will try to do something a little more calm. He's not really one to want a party, he just likes spending time with close family and friends. I'm trying to plan something I know he will enjoy, so we will see what I come up. Now, I have to get back to making bows for our craft show this weekend. Looking forward to posting pictures. If you have a baby girl, or two, check out www.squareup.com/market/bayou-baby for baby accessories and bows galore! 

Oh and I just have to say, I can't wait to head out to the pumpkin patch this weekend. I just really love pumpkin patch pictures!!! Hope to post some of those this weekend. And did I mention how absolutely excited I am for Christmas?? Oh, it is my favorite time of year!!! I'm already planning gifts and stocking stuffers. I even started buying a few things. I bought two ornaments, one for each of our little fur-babies, and I even bought one for our SweetPea in Heaven, to remind us of our first baby that we lost. We try to buy one ornament each year to symbolize what happened that year and I just knew that I would want to buy something for our first ultrasound picture. (See photos below for ornaments).

Thanks for reading and God Bless 

Megan