SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Overjoyed with God's love! {01.05.2014}

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I can honestly say, that this was the first weekend in a while that both Erik and I had things to do. Friday started as any other Friday morning. Wake up at 5am, get to work at 7am, work 8 hours, and go home. It's pretty much our routine every day, except for the fact that I was more ready for this weekend than any only because I needed some rest and rejuvenation. We didn't even stay out on New Year's but we were both just ready for a relaxing weekend...or so we thought. Erik's Friday ended with a phone call requesting that he meet his foreman to work a shut-down {for those who don't know, my husband is a Union PipeFitter and shut-downs are basically jobs that need to be done that day and they will not be able to leave until the job is done}. So needless to say, he was not excited about spending Saturday working all day not knowing his "get-off" time. He got up at 5am, reported to work at 6am, and worked a 12 hour shift! He wanted to be frustrated but instead praised God for the opportunity to work and not to mention, he felt even more blessed to know that he was "requested" by his foreman {Erik is a first year, second semester apprentice so it's a huge accomplishment to be requested!}. On the other side of town, here in Katy, I was busy too. My best friend/sister, who happens to be married to Erik's best friend, needed a night out with her hubby {and I don't blame her}, so I offered to watch their sweet baby girl/my niece for a few hours {it ended up being 7 hours but it was the best 7 hours ever, it really helps me get my baby fix and it also allows me to do something nice for such a sweet couple who I love soo much!}. They enjoyed a movie, some drinks, and dinner and I was thanking God for baby Alli and all the joy she has brought to both Erik and I, and Will and Amanda. Saturday ended with my hubby and I making a quick {I lie, not quick at all, we hung out with his parents from 7pm to 11pm} stop at Erik's parents house. I also love spending time with his parents because they always have interesting and hilarious stories. This weekend, Erik's mom pulled out an old family book that was written years ago. It was stories from and about their past relatives. I mean, this thing was impressive! It had just about any and everyone.  The crazy part was, it even had marriage licenses, pictures, and documents from when Erik's relatives came over from Germany!!! I mean this book was every History person's fantasy and I was totally and completely interested {and amazed of course!}. Today, was a wonderful day! We awoke and rushed off to church to praise The Lord for all of his righteousness. {He really is amazing, isn't He?} After church, we ate with Erik's parents at Willie's Ice House and then went our separate ways as Erik and I had things to do and Erik's parents also had many things to do before the night's end. A few of my duties included: running to Walgreens to pick up my last prescription of Clomid {more on that in a second}, running to Wal-Mart for thermals for Erik since he works outside and it's about to be freezing here in Houston {total shocker that Houston might actual go below 60 degrees!}, and laundry {loads, loads, and more loads of laundry}. I managed to complete all but the Laundry, as a matter of fact, as I type this, a load is twisting and turning in the dryer! So back to the Walgreens part. It's actually not Walgreens' fault, it's really my doctor's fault. I am supposed to be doing one last round of 100mg Clomid, which means I should have picked up 10 tablets of 50mg Clomid total {that's two 50mg Clomid tablets a day for days 3 through 7 of my cycle}. Well, according to the pharmacist, the doctor only called in for 5 tablets of 50mg Clomid! I wasn't very happy seeing as I have been with my doctor for over a year, he has my chart which clearly shows that 50mg of Clomid did nothing for me! So now I have to call the doctors office, order for 5 more tablets of 50mg Clomid, pick it up and hopefully complete all of this before AF arrives {and judging by my attitude from today, she's on her way-ugghhh!!!} But aside from all of that Erik and I have been praying every night. We are making it part of our routine because we need more Jesus in our life. We need Him and the best part is,  He wants us to need Him!!!! So I leave you with this, "although we may not see every star, we know they are there. Just as we may not see God, but we know He is there."

Goodnight and God Bless!
post signature