SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, February 7, 2013

God Bless & Great News! {02.07.2013}

Happy Thursday!

I feel so terrible that I haven’t updated in a while but I have some good news and  then I have some really good news! Let me start with the fact that Erik and I finally started looking at houses in the Katy area! {Woo Hoo!} We are in love a few neighborhoods but after what happened to us last year {I’ll get to that at another time}, Erik is still a little nervous when it comes to house shopping. Luckily I managed to talk him into it, and we found a few that we love! But we aren’t going to get our hopes up about buying a house, because either way, once our lease is over, we are moving to Katy {Yes, we have been looking at both houses to buy and rent}. So that was my good news…now on to my GREAT NEWS!!!! I currently work for an amazing local magazine and honestly, I LOVE MY JOB! I have never ever ever ever loved a job before. {No really, NEVER!} But as soon as I stepped foot in the magazine business doors, I knew immediately that I would love it. Yes we are a full office of women, but my boss’s husband and our previous photographer are men, so it was a good balance. And yes, we do get attitudinal on occasions, but luckily everyone has been super easy to get along with, which you don’t find at most businesses. So anyway, every single employee at the magazine has a 90 day review. It’s just part of the company policies. My 90 day review is scheduled for tomorrow, 02.08.2013 on my 90 day anniversary. I have been totally nervous about it, not because I did anything wrong, but because it’s a review and most employees only want to hear good things. Well, on Tuesday, my boss paged me to visit with her in her office with my manager. At this point, I start FREAKING OUT! I’m replaying my actions, thoughts, words, movements, EVERYTHING. {If you want to know why, it’s because my 90 day review is with the same two people and I thought “OMG, I am not prepared, I thought they said Friday not TUESDAY. I’m not prepared!!!”} Turns out, it was good stuff. Not a single bad thing was said. It wasn’t my 90 day review, that is still scheduled for tomorrow, but it was really good news. {No, I’m not going to disclose the good news until tomorrow. Reason is, I want to be respectful and wait until my boss gives me the “Ok” and final approval.} But it truly is good news. All in all I have to say that God has truly shown us His presence in both mine and Erik’s life as individuals but also as a couple. He has been such a wonderful God and I must give all my praises to Him for without Him, Erik and I couldn’t possibly have the things we have or be where we are. I’m looking forward to a wonderful weekend – a relaxing weekend! I finally get to get my toes done which is so nice…spa day-yay!! Oh and I look forward to Valentine’s Day… what are you getting your sweetheart???

I hope you all have a wonderful night and I can’t wait to spread the BIG news tomorrow!

God Bless
post signature