SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Oh the joy of the holidays!

So this has been a wonderful month! Christmas went by way to fast for us. Erik and I got quite a lot of presents. Erik got movies, new clothes, video games and a new pocket knife. I got a new coach purse, shoes, movies and clothes. Together we got an iPad, pots and pans, new cooking utensils, mixer for the cooking, mew silverware and a huge tv! It really was a joyful Christmas for the whole family. We had to work the day after Christmas so we are definitely looking forward to the weekend and {um hello} we can't forget New Years. Not too much has been going on, just been enjoying life and thanking god for the blessings we receive. I have to add that we have started buying healthy foods and are planning to make 2013 a healthy change for us. We are definitely looking forward to 2013 because it brings our 1 year anniversary, my 21st birthday and Erik's 22nd birthday. We are really hoping for a BFP this year. To be honest, we have been back and forth about waiting or not and finally we've decided that this is the year that we will start actively trying for a baby so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

Tonight, I'm going to look back at the top 12 things that I loved about 2012:
#12: Engagement pictures- It was so fun getting to take these for free with an amazing photographer who really sought out to make the pictures match my desires
#11: Alexa & Josh's Wedding- It was such a wonderful thing to see and be apart of, and even though it went by quickly, it's a day I will cherish always
#10: Texans game- Getting the opportunity to go to a Texans game with our best friends was definitely an awesome experience and even though it wasn't a regular season game, it was still such a great memory
#9: Moving to Houston- I can not stress enough how great it was to move back to the Houston area. Even though traffic is crazy, our lives have changed so much in the short time we've been here. Erik and I both have wonderful jobs and our apartment is beautiful and without Houston, this would not be possible
#8: 22nd birthday bash- I really wanted Erik to have a wonderful 21st birthday and sinceVegas just wasn't in the budget, I brought Vegas to him. Although not very many people showed up, it was so fun being around true friends. And having a blast was easy because there wasn't any crazy people to watch out for. Big thanks to Cody, Jorge, Alexa and Josh for being great friends!
#7: 20th birthday- I can not tell you how long I have waited to turn 20 {um about 20 years-hehe} but seriously I wanted so badly to finally get out of the "teens" because its just a very different feeling not just for yourself, but people tend to be more "okay" with a married 20 year old then a married 19 year old {although if you ask me, a marriage is a marriage regardless of age seeing as either way it requires commitment}
#6: Jeep Liberty- Getting our 2012 Jeep Liberty was a pretty exciting day, and although it took us forever to get the car of our dreams, we got it and now all we need is a baby to complete our family car (:
#5: Work- My new job is the greatest job in the world! I can't stress to you enough how much I love my job. Although sometimes things can push you close to the edge with busy days and other frustrations, but even still I wouldn't trade it for anything. And seriously what job do you know of that let's their employees bring their dogs to work with them?
#4: Road trip to Alabama- Although it did not last long, taking an 8 hour bus ride the day after Thanksgiving with our best friends Josh & Alexa to Alabama to visit my Mimi was so fun and seeing how happy my Mimi was to see us made it that much better
#3: Colton- Getting to spend Christmas with this sweet angel really was amazing. He is such a happy baby for being less than a year old and even after fighting for his life. He has been through 7 surgeries and might be partially or completely blind but seeing him smile made Christmas day so much better
#2: Baptism- When Erik and I decided to get re-baptized together, I didn't expect it to change my whole being but afterwards, I immediately changed my way of thinking and started to truly belong to God
#1: Getting Married- There is no better feeling in the world then walking down the aisle to the man of your dreams and for me that day happened on May 12 2012. It was a tough road getting there but that day will live on in my heart always

Enjoy the mix of photos from our 2012!

So as the night ends, we are looking forward to a relaxing weekend and a quick work day tomorrow. I truly hope your Christmas was a great one and I hope the start to your 2013 is outstanding! Erik and I want to wish you all a wonderful 2013 with joy, happiness, wealth, health and a year full of exciting changes.

Have a wonderful night and god bless

Megan & Erik