SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Another journey worth taking {04.02.2013}

Ever since 2010, I would unintentionally encourage myself to gain weight by telling myself that "it is okay to gain weight, it is okay to not eat healthy every once in awhile- everyone does it!" Over the course of 3 years, I went from a size 8 to a size 16, and the problem of gaining weight and eating unhealthy consumed my life! I was gaining weight left and right, not trying to make it better. I would eat out more than 3 times a week and it would either be McDonalds or Wings N More! I started to feel and see major changes with my body and I hated it! I dont even enjoy clothes shopping anymore because the cute clothes aren't in my sizes! I'm not huge by any means, but I have many flaws, and those flaws have now lead me to this decision today. I heard about the Paleo diet a few months ago, and after countless frustrations with clothes not fitting, I have decided to set a short term goal for myself. I want to try to reach my goal weight by the end of the journey on this diet. So, here are my stats today, where I would like to see myself, and what my goal competition date is...

-Current weight: 175
-Goal weight: 150
-Goal competitions date: 06.01.2013

Basically, I plan to get serious and strict about my health, weight, and body. I plan to workout 3 times a week by running around my apartment complex for 30 minutes, pushing myself even if it burns! I will also devise a food schedule that I will strictly follow over the course of the next 8 weeks. I plan on starting this journey, April 8, 2013 so I have time to get the schedule written, buy the foods, and mentally prepare myself for this. I have never dieted in my life! I have always been a very fit person {thanks to cheerleading) so to push myself will take discipline, force, and trust to know that at the end of the 8 weeks I will have bettered myself in the end. Even after the completition date, I plan to continue eating healthy. If I don't reach my goal weight by June 1, I will continue to work to get there. I will NOT stop until I've reached this goal! I have 20 lbs. to lose {that means I'll have to lose 2.5 lbs. a week to reach my goal} and will need all the support I get. Please pray for strength and discipline for me so that I can reach my goal.

If you have tried Paleo, or a similar diet, how did your journey end? Was it successful? Are you still keeping the weight off?

If you are just now starting a journey, keep in mind that there are thousands of women, like you and me, working towards a better, healthier lifestyle!

Best of luck ladies!

God Bless

Megan