SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, September 29, 2014

PCOS Diet Plan Day 1 {09.29.2014}

So far, we are off to a good strat! It was so, so nice being able to wake up and just grab my food and go! Meal prep has been a HUGE sigh of relief for me because now I can take those extra few minutes to wake up and get dressed. One of the things that shocked me, was that I felt full all day! I was even struggling to eat my tiny pumpkins seeds, but managed to make 1/2 a cup an all day snack...impressive! Lunch was boring, but dinner was where it was at! I got home, cut up my zucchini and asparagus, threw my chicken in a pan and cooked all of it in coconut oil. It was one of the best meals I've ever made! Even the hubby, who was a little worried about the taste and texture of the coconut oil, was amazed at how delicious the meal turned out. Best part...I only used two seasonings! Cajun seasoning for the zucchini and asparagus, and a salt and pepper pre-mixed blend for the chicken. I was also impressed with the color of the chicken. It was a beautiful golden brown on the outside, but white and juice on the inside. I guess you could say that I am really into coconut oil now. After a bath, I decided to rub some coconut oil on my face, underarms, and belly. It's a very relaxing feel, not too oily but not too thick like lotion. So this means that I have officially jumped onto the coconut oil wagon at full speed ahead!!! While we are talking food (& coconut oil lol) I wanted to go ahead and post my "stats" from the first day of my diet. Check them out...

PCOS Diet Day 1
Weight (morning): 174.6
Weight (evening): 175.6
Weight lost: gained 1 lb.
Food today:
B- boiled egg, green grapes, and mozzarella string cheese stick
S1- pumpkin seeds
L- salad with olive oil and red wine vinegar
S2- pineapple
D- pan fried chicken in coconut oil, pan fried zucchini in coconut oil, and pan cooked asparagus in coconut oil
S3: a lemon
Energy: blah...not high, not low but managed to get a lot of things done without feeling stressed
Anything else: still just waiting for my period to arrive, hoping that this coconut oil will work it's major quickly. I was shocked to see I gained 1 lb. but I've been told that you are heavier at night, so I'm looking forward to what my weight will be in the morning
**************************************************
Well that's my update for day 1! I am really enjoying it so far. It's not all that different from what the hubs and I used to eat, but the major difference is that before we didn't necessarily have a reason to eat on a diet, now it's to help me fight PCOS and hopefully be blessed with our Rainbow Baby! I'm so looking forward to the day that we can say we conceived naturally, and although I would be just as happy to conceive with a doctors assistance, just the joy of being able to say that we beat the odds is something we dream of daily! 

I'm still looking for a few PCOS buddies who are willing to take this diet plan and run with it alongside me. If that's you, then please email me at pcospower@yahoo.com, or comment to me on our Instagram page at PCOSPower! 

Lots of well wishes and tons of baby dust to all!

Much Love and God Bless