SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

KEEPING THE FAITH IN THE DARKEST OF TIMES {02.18.2015}

Yesterday, I mentioned that I was having some slight spotting. Well, this morning, the slight spotting turned into full on red period-like blood. We rushed to my doctors appointment, waited for about an hour, and finally the doctor called us back. He requested a urine sample but ended up not using it after all. I laid down on the table and was ready to figure out the fate that lie ahead of us. 

For a moment, I felt hopeful but the more he searched the less hopeful I became. My doctor finished the ultrasound and we  discussed possibilities. I then left and headed for the blooddraw area. I got bloodwork done and then E and I decided that it was time to go home.

We hung out for a few hours and finally after getting tired of waiting, I called for my results. Well, it's definitely not good. The doctor said that my HCG level measured at 2! I didn't know that was possible. So they confirmed it. I miscarried. This one was so early, so fast.

My doctor assured me that if we wanted to continue trying, that I would be considered extremely high risk, which means I would be doing constant ultrasounds and bloodwork, and he would put me on progesterone as well.

E is at the point where he is done. I am torn as to what to do. I guess we will give it one more chance and see what happens.

Thank you to everyone for your love and support as always!