SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, February 19, 2015

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE {02.19.2015}

We've received so much love and support these last few hours and it's a reminder to us how thankful we are for friends and family. It's also a reminder that, although some may disagree, announcing our pregnancy early was the right thing to do. Of course, with any pregnancy you risk miscarriage. Especially if you're irregular or have fertility problems. I knew with this baby I wanted to celebrate every second I had with him or her. It wasn't long but for 1 week I enjoyed it. I rubbed my belly and thanked God for just the privilege of being pregnant. 

One question on our minds is "where do we go from here?" We flip-flopped back and forth between continuing our journey or giving up. We agree that 3 years is a long time to struggle and after 2 miscarriages, the toll weighs heavily on you. 

However, we want a family so incredibly badly that the idea of no children is more devastating than the journey it's self. 

We compromised, E wanted to stop and I wanted to continue, and decided that we would give it two more tries. Luckily, although I would've loved to have kept this baby, now with 2 miscarriages in my past, I will be considered extremely high risk and will require extensive care and research. This is what I wanted originally. I wanted to do ultrasounds and bloodwork weekly. I wanted the doctor to monitor my cycles closely.

Another good thing is now he will finally put me on Progestrone. The plan right now is to rest, relax and get through this miscarriage. After this is over, I will return to the doctor to speak with him about what we face for the next cycle. I want to make sure that we are getting the best care and that this does not happen again! 

I have faith and I believe that we are supposed to have children. God would not put these babies in me if He didn't want us to be parents. I feel that with a little assistance from the doctors, our babies will be able to grow healthfully to full-term. 

So, that's what we've got for now. I'm going to take it easy for now and will return very soon.

God Bless, Baby Dust, and Thank you so  very much for your support!