SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

FIRST ULTRASOUND {12.29.2015}

Thursday, Christmas Eve, was the "big day!" It was the weirdest thing because it felt like forever waiting for the appointment date to get here, but at the same time, the days flew by leading up to it. I wanted to write this the day after Christmas, but I didn't have a chance, so here it is!
 
My appointment was amazing! I don't think I could have pictured a more perfect first appointment. Christmas Eve morning, I woke up around 6am, and took my time getting ready. I wanted to enjoy this day not just because it was Christmas Eve, or my first ultrasound, but because I wanted to take a moment to relish in the blessings that God has so graciously provided us. After taking about an hour to get ready, E told me it was best to start making our way. E's parents met us at our apartment and we drove together to the appointment. I was thankful they wanted to come for support. My appointment was for 9:45am so I tried to get there a few minutes early to have time to just relax and calm my nerves. Surprisingly, I didn't have to wait long to see my doctor. He managed to call me back about thirty minutes early. Once I got into the room, the nurse asked a few questions, and we started the appointment. 
 
He asked me about my last period, and calculated how far along I would be. Then, we began the ultrasound. It took him a few minutes to find the baby. E and I were starting to worry. But, next thing we knew, there were TWO gestational sacs! My doctor measured both little babies just sitting so comfortably in my belly, and said that they were measuring about 5 weeks which is right for me having such a long cycle. We weren't able to see the heartbeats yet, but just seeing those two little sacs brought my heart so much joy! Afterwards, I was handed two ultrasound photos and then my doctor sent me down to the lab to get blood work done. All in all, it was a very quick appointment but it also allowed me to relax. My HCG levels came back at 3,588 which my doctor said looked great for having twins. Right now, things are progressing wonderfully. We have our next appointment on January 6. I am so ready to see my little beanie babies. By that point, we should be able to see both of the babies heartbeats. We weren't able to get video of this appointment, but we will be getting video of the next one with the two healthy heartbeats.
 
We feel so blessed and so thankful that God has given these miracles to us. Life is good and I am eagerly looking forward to 2016!
 
God Bless and Happy New Year!
Our twin beanie babies