SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, December 7, 2015

WEEKEND RECAP {12.07.2015}

MICROBLOG MONDAY!
 
I decided to keep this recap short and sweet! This weekend, we traveled to my home state, Louisiana. My company had a Christmas Party at our Co-President's house and E and I were invited to attend. The original plan was to drive to Louisiana Friday night, but we decided we were too tired to drive and stayed home to pack and rest. Saturday morning was amazing! We got up around 8am, made breakfast together, and then headed out for our four hour drive. Thankfully, this drive was no where near as long as the Thanksgiving drive to Florida. We got into town around 1:30pm and first stop, was my all time favorite place, The Best Stop. I have been going there since I was little bitty. My dad and I would always stop there on the way to Texas anytime we would visit family in Louisiana. It's a sweet memory and I'm so glad that I get to share it with my husband now. We only had to wait in line for about ten minutes to get our pound of cracklins and ten boudin balls. We didn't even make it home with leftovers, that's how delicious it is! Saturday afternoon, we enjoyed a nice lunch with my co-worker and her husband at Texas Roadhouse. We thought it was pretty funny that we were in Louisiana but eating at a place with Texas in the title. I can't help it, Texas Roadhouse is delicious! Saturday night was the party. First off, let me just say that the co-president of the company was sick, but he did come out to apologize and to pray with us. His wife was an amazing host and she is probably the sweetest person I have ever met. We had wine, delicious food, dancing, and fun. We stayed for about four hours and then headed back to the hotel around 10:30pm. Sunday morning we got up around 7:30am, had breakfast in the lobby of the hotel with my co-worker and her husband, and then headed home. E wanted to watch the Texans, so I took a nap and it was amazing! After my ridiculously long, three hour nap, I got up and started working on the house. Did the dishes, laundry, and managed to get the house ready for this week. So overall, my weekend was busy but I love these times because it's more time with my husband.

iPhone Photo Dump
 The Best Stop in Scott, LA - best place in the world to get meat, boudin, and cracklins
 Lofton Christmas Party 2015
My sweet little furbaby (oldest furbaby) Chief sleeping in his pillow fort on the sofa will I watch TV with E