SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 30, 2015

THANKSGIVING & WEEKEND RECAP {11.30.2015}

It's officially the last day of November! Time seems to be more of a thief the older I get, so it's nice when I get to spend time with my family. Over the Thanksgiving break, E and I made the long thirteen hour drive from Texas to Florida. Considering the fact that the only living relative I have is my grandmother and my step-grandfather, it's an emotional time when we visit. Aside from spending Thanksgiving day together, E and I were able to pick lots of oranges, grapefruits, and lemons fresh from their backyard. We mostly relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful view from my grandparents lake house, but we also managed to visit Gainesville, Fl. It's such a small town, but the University of Florida is there so we walked around the city and the campus. To our surprise, it was not cold in Florida. Last year, we were freezing and this year we were dying of heat, especially since we only packed winter clothes. No worries though, when we returned home to Texas, we were greeted with very cold weather.
 
After arriving home around 4am on Saturday, we spent most of the day sleeping. Trying to catch up on it before work. Needless to say, Saturday was a lazy day in our house. Sunday, we watched the Texans get a big win, though I couldn't be too happy because they beat my home team, the New Orleans Saints. When the game ended, we stopped by E's parents house to drop off the grapefruits we had picked for his dad, and spent some time with them before heading to the grocery store. We managed to snag a few more Christmas decorations before the shelves were bare. Once we got home, we started working on the Christmas tree and decorations around the house. It didn't start out great. We literally had the entire tree wrapped and then all the sudden, the lights just blew. We're assuming that the wires were damaged, but it was frustrating to have to completely unstring the lights, find new ones to put up, and then re-string the tree up. Thankfully, after that little mishap, the rest of the decorating process went flawlessly. We usually put the tree in the living room, but this year, we got new sofas and there was no room left for the tree. We decided to shuffle the table from the dining room out to the patio and made the dining room home to the tree.
 
Aside from all that, I was able to get the laundry done. I still have a few things left to deal with, but I'm trying not to get to "unpacked" as we are going to be heading to Louisiana on Saturday (more on that later). All in all, it was a truly wonderful Thanksgiving, and although we missed E's family, we are thankful to have my wonderful grandparents.
 
iPhone Photo Dump 
Delicious Thanksgiving Feast 
E and I with the gorgeous lake in the background 
Picking oranges (ignore the fact that I have no makeup on) 
Our views all weekend 
E picking oranges and grapefruits 
Huge alligator on the wall at Blue Water Bay in Melrose, Fl 
Best shrimp I've had in a while at Blue Water Bay in Melrose, Fl  
University and Main St. in Gainesville, Fl 
Sights around Gainesville, Fl 
E was so impressed that they spelled his name right
Stopped to grab a Starbucks and just loved all the production posters on the walls in Gainesville, Fl
My sweet grandparents 
They love E so much and that makes my heart truly happy 
The resemblance between us is amazing 
Two of my favorite men 
Love doesn't have to be by blood 
They kept asking how to take a selfie, so we took one with them 
Back home, our tree and decorations; I absolutely adore my Nutcracker that my grandmother gave me during our trip, ironically, the Nutcracker is my all time favorite holiday play
 
Thank you for reading, we hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!
 
P.S. - Happy Cyber Monday!!!