SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

COLLEGE {11.11.2015}

I am officially enrolled back into college. The key word being back. I feel like I am so late in the game, practically all my friends have graduated and I'm just now jumping back onto the college bandwagon. But let's face it, I had other plans. I wanted to get married and get my feet wet first in life. I wanted to find my way in this world and really decide on a career. I meet so many people who regret their college majors and it's usually because they rushed right into it after high school. I am thankful, that I did take all of my basics right out of high school, so now I can go back and focus on my major. The thing is, I really didn't have a choice. Not trying to throw a pity party here, but unlike most kids, I didn't really have parents to support me through college. Eventually I would have been kicked out because I couldn't afford it on my own. My father passed away in 2008, two years before I started college and my mom wasn't in the picture quite yet. I had to learn, with my wonderful husband beside me, how to work hard for the things that I want in this life. Nothing has ever been handed to us since graduating high school. We've had to make it on our own and, thankfully, we had E's parents to pick us up a little bit if we fell, but they by no means, supported us. Although, I am so grateful to have spent time in the real world because it has taught me so much and I feel much more prepared as I head back to college. But really, it's so weird to be so late to the game. I guess at the end of the day,  at least I'm headed in the right direction.

So, now that I've had some time to find who I am and who I want to be, I have decided to go back to school to pursue my love for Teaching.
Right now, I will be attending community college, but my hope is to be able to transfer to University of Houston. I know, shocking right? My whole life I grew up an LSU Tiger! It's going to be crazy! I just need to get this done. I need to stop playing around and get my degree.
 
I decided to go for my Bachelor's of Science in Math for middle grades.
I've got a long road ahead of me but I am so excited to be able to do this. I have been wanting to go back to school for a while, but kept telling myself it wasn't possible. Finally, I sat down, enrolled in classes and forced myself to stop saying "I can't," and start saying "I will!"
 
All this to say, blogging will be less and majority of it will be updates. I will definitely try my best to keep you as updated as possible, but my focus will mostly be on college. I will also be posting YouTube videos, and of course, I will post those here on the blog.
 
I'm sure a lot of you are wondering "what does this mean for your TTC journey?" Well, it's been a long four years and we decided that our focus needs to shift onto things we want to accomplish before children. Of course, it is all in God's hands and His timing is for the best so I cannot say for sure when I will get pregnant, but there will be no doctors or medication. I want to get my degree and right now, that is my main goal at this time.
 
Thank you for your love and support.