SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

1/2 a Year Gone Like That!! {06.03.2013}

Wow! 6 months into the year and only 6 more to go! Can you believe it? I know I can’t!!!
So this weekend was fun and full. Friday I had to work late or “normal hours.” Usually we have the option of getting off early at 3 p.m. but we have a running schedule for certain people to stay late on Fridays and this was my Friday. After work I went home and relaxed. It was so nice to get to just be. Saturday we woke up and ran some errands, Taco Cabana to eat, Bank of America, and Shopping. When we got home, we unloaded groceries and started laundry. Our best friends called us at about 4 p.m. to go over and swim and we did!! Not for long though, some of their family showed up with little kids and we got dressed and left. We then went to grab a bite at Clay’s and came up with this idea to go on a road trip before summers end. So we started brainstorming some places and decided that on June 22 we are taking a trip up to the Frio River. Not sure if we are staying the night or just going for the day, but either way it’s going to be so fun! We left Clay’s and headed to our Amanda and Will’s house with them so Amanda and I could finish our “road trip” plans while the boys bought a game for us to play. The game they choose was Battle of the Sexes and we won – just kidding the boys won {unfair!!} We then decided to use the game in our own way and make a charades type game. It was fun! After all the fun ended, we headed home at about midnight and called it a night at 4 a.m. The next day (Sunday) we spent at home, cleaning and doing laundry. While sitting around over the weekend, I decided I wanted to go back to college to get my AAS in Graphic Design Specialization. I have to take four semesters of classwork and then I will be a graduate in May 2015! And just as an added goal {as if getting a degree to get more money it’s a “push” enough…) Erik and I have plans to save our money and take nice “graduation vacation” in June 2015! Want to know where we are going…..MAUI HAWAII!!!! I am beyond excited but the only way we are going is if I get my degree! So happy learning! We even decided that {since we are waiting to have a baby} we are turning our second bedroom at the new place into an office/study area with a “his and hers” side so that he can have his own personal desk area and I can have mine. In the center of the room, we are going to put a table with two chairs so that we can hook up the computer to the TV mounted on the wall. It’s going to be amazing! And I think that will really help motivate us. Oh, I can’t wait. Also, I snapped some pictures of the fur-babies for you to enjoy!

Here are the three desk styles we have to choose from...
Desk style 1

Desk style 2

Desk style 3

Pictures of our fur-babies...
Our baby girl Brooks Harlow Richards

Bad Boy Blitz Toulouse Richards.

Chief was not interested in being photographed - LOL

Delicious foods from Sunday...
Delicious fruit salad I made includes: strawberries, cantaloupe, melon (can't remember the name), and whip cream mixed in
Delicious baked chicken and rice dinner. Takes 10 minutes to make and is the best thing I've ever tasted!

Graduation trip to Maui, Hawaii... 
Hyatt Regency Maui full view of Hotel


King bedroom with beach view

Lazy river style resort pool with swim up bar in rock cave - speechless!


God Bless

post signature