SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Waiting for You {04.10.2014}

Last night I worked on our application a little more, managing to complete my questionnaire and the first few introductory pages which include information about E and I, such as our marriage, expenses, and just life in general. I skipped over the questions about how our family deals with things, like happiness, stress, arguments, etc. because I felt that those pages were for E and I to sit down and discuss together. I also started working through the checklist, trying to find things that we already have and checking them off one by one. I also started making reservations for our training classes. So far it looks like we will only be able to take them on the weekends, but I am hoping that maybe we can move it to during the week like on a Thursday or a Friday, mostly because I have photo shoots on the weekends and I hate making clients wait. I will probably end up having to call the agency because we realized that in order to turn the application in, we have to have an address for the home study to take place {which we can’t do until all the training classes are completed}, and we are planning on moving to a new place with more room in September so we have few questions regarding that. As far as everything else goes, it’s one day at a time. There is so much that needs to get done and I am trying to make sure that all the classes and paperwork are done before September. My ideal situation would be we would get everything done by mid to late August, move into our new house, and then have the home study around late September – early October. That would be the most ideal situation, especially since we are really trying to have the child in our home before Christmas. They say the whole process takes about nine months to a year and nine months from now would be January. I guess it’s a just one of those “we will have to wait and see” processes but either way we both feel confident that we will be able to welcome a child into our home once everything is done. Oh, one of the things I really can’t wait to accomplish is our photo book. It will detail everything!!! Things about E and I, our friends, our families, our life, and will be filled with lots and lots of pictures. E and I are talking about attending the Adoption family meetings at our church but aren’t sure if we are able to make them since they are usually during the 11am service and that’s typically the service we attend but I think we can make arrangements for a class that will support us and we can listen to and support others through their journey. That’s all I have for now, until next time!

This quote has been one of the greatest quotes that explains why we are choosing to adopt.

 

God Bless,

 

Megan