SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, August 22, 2015

CHOCOLATE CHIP & ZUCCHINI {08.22.2015}

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies

On Wednesday, as part of our normal routine, we stopped by My Fit Foods to pick up our lunches and dinners for the remainder of the week. We typically go on Wednesday night after the gym to grab lunches and dinners through Sunday. After the gym, I was starving! We worked our tushies off, and I needed a little pick me up. I noticed some chocolate chip cookies and grabbed two, one for E and one for Me. At first, I was a little concerned. I noticed on the package it said "Chocolate Chip Cookies made with Zucchini." To my surprise, they were the most delicious cookies I have ever tasted! E was even raving about them. I noticed they were made by Green Plate Foods.
 
I've eaten their mini muffins and now the cookies and I am just in love with their products. If you live in Texas, like me, you can find their delicious products at Whole Foods, My Fit Foods, H-E-B, and several other retailers.

If you don't live in Texas or just don't want to spend the extra money, you can use the recipe below to make your own Chocolate Chip and Zucchini Cookies!

Ingredients
{yields 96 cookies}
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 small zucchini, grated (measure approx. 2 cups of grated zucchini)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1&1/2-2 cups walnuts, chopped (optional)


Directions
1) preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper
3) mix butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
4) add eggs, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into the butter mixture gradually; mix well
5) stir in the zucchini
6) fold in your walnuts (optional) and chocolate chips
7) drop by teaspoonfuls with two inches between each cookie - onto the cookie sheets
8) bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden; do not over-bake
10) let stand for 2 to 3 minutes, remove from cookie sheets, and enjoy!

*see more delicious recipes here!*