SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 28, 2015

GUEST BLOGGER • AMBER CHAMBERS {08.28.2015}

Our very first Guest Blogger is someone I have been close to throughout high school. I was lucky enough to cheer for a year with this little lady. She has always been such a sweet, kind-hearted person and I'm so lucky that she offered to write a post about her journey through weight loss. Please give her a warm welcome and enjoy her post!  
 
{AMBER'S STORY} 
In April of 2014, I attended my aunt's wedding, the day after was Easter. So naturally we took lots of pictures with family that weekend. That was my breaking point.
Until that day, I knew I had been gaining weight but I haven't seen myself from a distance like that.  I didn't realize how out of control I had become. In high school I was very active as a cheerleader  and other after-school activities. After graduation in 2012, I continued eating the way I had always ate (which was not healthy). But not realizing, with out being active, I would quickly gain that infamous "freshman 15",  and some.  My weight gain on top of other realities of adulthood, put me into a deep depression. Misery loves company, and I became worse and worse. I ate my feelings, I gained weight, and it made me even more upset. A vicious cycle.
I met with a doctor who suggested I be put on an anti depressant. On top of the fact it was only making me a numb zombie, my weight gain snowballed. I woke up one morning and I had enough of it all. I made a life changing decision, I would not let this depression rule my life. 
At that time last year I weighed in at 149lbs. To some this may not be much, but being that I am short, I did not carry my weight well. Unsatisfied with this number, I joined a gym, and was totally lost with their equipment. I never had to use any of it before. So I stayed on the tread mill because it was all I knew. Month after month I went to the gym but my weight stayed the same.
In June 2014 I started T25, this is a program put out by BeachBody.  I started to see some results! I lost about 10lbs. between summer 2014 and April 2015. But I continued my eating habits because hey, I was loosing weight.
 I saw a post about a clean eating challenge on a "buy sell trade" site several months ago and decided to give it a try. Since I started eating clean, doing the 21 Day Fix videos, and drinking Shakeology, I have so much more energy. I sleep great at night, my back doesn't ache anymore because my core is getting so strong, I don't have headaches anymore, I have lost fat but gained muscle, and dropped an additional 20lbs. so far!
The 21 Day Fix is a fitness program designed by BeachBody.  It is my favorite fitness and eating program ever!  It teaches portion control, "clean" eating, and has daily exercise videos that are super effective but only 30 minutes long - my favorite part because I never have enough time!  I love the workouts.  It's so easy to fit in a 30 minute workout, especially when you don't have to leave the house to do it!
The program also does a great job of teaching clean eating and portion control.  You receive a series of color-coded containers, and each color corresponds to a certain food group (veggies, fruit, protein, etc.).  You get to eat a certain number of each container every day. It is the best eating plan I've ever seen for truly teaching the right way to eat and making it a lifestyle, not a diet.  It is so simple. It comes with the food containers, all the exercise videos, and a 30-day supply of Shakeology, which is awesome... I can't say enough about it, for me personally!  So delicious, and 100% natural. They have over 18g of protein and over 70 different vitamins, nutrients, and herbs. They aren't anything magical. They just give your body what it needs to function at its best.
This program is great for ALL ages and fitness abilities/levels.  I have coached the whole spectrum through this program.  I've run lots of groups on Facebook to help people who are doing this program and coach them through, motivating and helping them overcome obstacles. I have so many repeat customers who really love this program, because it works! The #1 feedback I get on this program is that it's a sustainable lifestyle.
I now weigh in at 119lbs., I'm back to my high school weight. But I feel so much stronger than I did back then. Becoming a coach changed my life!  I am not a fitness model, and I still have a ways to go to reach my physical goals. (Sting is the new skinny!) But I am getting there, it's more about being on the journey, than having reached the destination. People can relate to you better when you are working at it with them, becoming a coach I received training from other coaches who are extremely successful and  have replaced a fulltime job with this business. My attitude about life has changed and I am genuinely happy again.
I love to share this feeling, and that's why I do what I do. I want to help others overcome their personal challenges and become a better version of themselves. If you want to see what T25, the 21 Day Fix, or any other BeachBody program can do for you, visit http://www.beachbodycoach.com/COACHAMBERRENEE
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! I would love to chat with you and find out your goals to become a healthier, happier, & more confident person!
Twitter @amberrenee33 Instagram @amber_chambers

 Huge shout out to Amber for her determination, hard work, and for sharing her amazing story with us. The best part, she is only just beginning! I can't wait to see where this lifestyle will take her. The world is in the palm of her hands and with fitness as her main focus, she will go far. Be sure to check her out on her social media platforms so you can get tips, tricks, and more information about the amazing BeachBody programs.
*Learn more about joining the BeachBody family here!*
 
*Megan is not affiliated with BeachBody in any way. Guest Bloggers are not paid and are offering their stories at their own will. Guest Blogger information should not be copied or sold. Please do not steal images from this post.*