SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 19, 2015

FALL FUN {10.19.2015}

This weekend was amazing! For the first time, it actually felt like Fall. Texas hardly ever pays attention to the seasons and just goes with the flow, which is usually hot. But, we were so surprised when we stepped out on Saturday morning to find that it felt great. We woke up around 5:30am, got dressed, and headed out the door for Texas Renaissance Festival. It was a fun-filled day. We got to the Kingdom around 8am and waited for the gates to open at 9am. I tried to Periscope majority of the day, but I also wanted to just enjoy the day. As soon as the gates opened, E and I burst in and headed straight to the introduction site. Right when you walk in, there's a little gazebo where the King will introduce all of the cast members. Then, they do a fun dance, and this year, E and I were both apart of the dance. It was great! We usual run around and try to go to as many shows as possible but this year, we took it easy and just did what we wanted. We walked through different stores, I drank fresh coconut water, E drank beer, we ate the turkey legs and beef jerky, E drank beer, we bought a lotion candle (more on that later), E drank beer, we took pictures with some of the cast that were new this year, E drank beer, and we had to see our favorite show of all time - The Sturdy Beggars. Oh, and I did see Captain Jack but I was not able to get a picture with him this year. I usually always try to get at least one picture with him, but it didn't work out this weekend. E had about six beers and by 1pm was feeling it. Before long, we were both getting tired and figured it was time to go. We managed to get home around 3pm and both passed out. It was so nice getting to sleep. Sunday, we enjoyed church service on the TV, spent most of the day cleaning, went grocery shopping, finished the laundry, and watched our two favorite Sunday night shows - Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Walking Dead. Over all, it was a really amazing weekend.
 
This upcoming weekend, October 24, we will be heading out to a family reunion. I'm really excited to get to see everyone. Last reunion we were able to go to was in 2012, every year since something has managed to get in the way and hinder us from going. Another thing I'm looking forward to this week is Crossfit! We finally signed up for a class. After our cruise, we kind of lost track and with our busy weekends, it's been hard to get into a groove. Not to mention, E goes to school two nights a week and that makes planning gym days even more difficult. That's why I'm ready for Crossfit. A structured class will really make a difference for us. I can't wait to write about that experience. First Crossfit class is this Wednesday, October 21, the day before E's 24th birthday!!!
 
iPhone Photo Dump • Weekend Addition
The Kingdom Entrance - Texas Renaissance Festival
Early morning at the Kingdom
My favorite time of year!
First year with the Sanderson sisters, they were great!
  Nerd girl=totally crushing over this man! #DrWho (new cast member)
Oh Robin Hood (he and Peter Pan were new cast members this year)
I was channeling my inner Priate
 The Sturdy Beggars (see my YouTube video from the show below)
 Butternut Beer and Fresh Coconut Water
I love him!
 My Favorite "hide-out" is with the Pirates
 While at H-E-B I spotted this balloon and had to stop for a selfie - Jack Skellington! Check out how tired I look. It was a long day!
My favorite way to spend Sunday, with our bubbies beside me with I do laundry and watch TV
 
The Sturdy Beggars Show!