SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 12, 2015

WEEKEND RECAP {10.12.2015}

Over the weekend we were busy but it was amazing! I always enjoy busy weekends, more opportunities to have a good time with my husband, and who doesn't want that? Friday night, was like any other Friday night, we just stayed home and relaxed after a long work week. I think we both fell asleep on the sofa around 8:45pm. It was amazing though I felt bad because the next morning, I awoke to a text message from the night before from our good friends inviting us out for a double date. We felt so bad for not receiving their text message until Saturday, but I'll admit that it was pretty awesome getting to bed early.

Saturday, October 10, we woke up, enjoyed breakfast, and headed out for Katy Rice Harvest Festival. This is an event that our city hosts every year. The very first time I attended, I was in fourth grade, we had just moved here from Louisiana and my dad entered me in the Katy Rice Harvest Pageant. I don't even think they do the pageants anymore... Since then, I try to make this a yearly activity for us because it's great to support local businesses and DIY home-makers. Most of the items are handmade but occasionally, you will see things like ItWorks, Scentsy, and many others. I ended up purchasing the Younique 3D Fiber Mascara. We walked around for a few hours before heading home to eat and get dressed for Fight Night. I'll admit, I could not wait to get ready and try out my new makeup. Just look at the difference! The left eye is after two coats of the Younique mascara. The right eye is after two coats of the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara.
After admiring my makeup, we left the house and headed for Sugar Land, TX for Fight Night, an absolutely amazing and inspiring event. Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott were terrific and taught us so much. The idea of this event is to teach couples how to fight correctly. How to fight with each other but remember to respect and love each other. We actually won the tickets to this event. I applied online with KSBJ, a local radio station that plays all the greatest Christian hits. I was so surprised that we won and was thrilled to attend. Not that E and I argue that much, but sometimes, just like many other couples, when you fight sometimes you try to dig at the person instead of listening. I was able to open my heart to what Drs. Les and Leslie were saying and I was able to see clearly just how God wants us to "fight/argue/disagree" with our spouse without hurting them or breaking them down. If Drs. Les and Leslie are in your area, I highly suggest you get tickets for this event. It is life changing and eye opening in so many ways. Additionally, we were able to see Josh Wilson perform live! This man is amazing! His lyrics, his voice, his stage presence. You could feel, through his singing, that God was with us. He performed my favorite song, This is Now. I mean he sounds exactly the same live as he does on the radio. It was just a truly wonderful night. Very thankful to KSBJ for allowing us to attend this event for free.
 Sunday was a lazy day for us. Typically we attend church but we decided to consider Fight Night as our church service for the week, not to mention, we didn't get home and in bed until about midnight. We were exhausted! Most of the day was spent just lounging around but we did get a few things done. We managed to go to the grocery store and My Fit Foods. We also finished the laundry and watched two of our favorite shows. Oh, and we even got to read a chapter from Dr. Les' book, Crazy Good Sex.

Well that was our weekend recap. I hope you had a wonderful weekend, I just wish they would slow down, we wait five whole days for it to get here and then once the weekend is here, it flies by! Oh, and *side note* the Astros are doing amazing! Hoping we can pull out another win and maybe even win the whole thing.
 
iPhone Photo Dump • Weekend Addition

 Sugar Land Baptist Church
 E and I at Fight Night
 Josh Wilson performing; check out his drummers drum...it's a suitcase!
 Meeting Josh Wilson

Chief and Brooks being lazy on Sunday