SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 7, 2016

7 WEEKS | BUMPDATE {01.07.2016}




Our miracle is growing!
 
How far along: 7 weeks.
 
Size of baby: Blueberry.
 
Must have items: 
  •  Water! I'm still very thirsty and I love water! Fruit is another favorite of mine.
Sleep: 

I feel like all I do is sleep and eat. Sleeping comes very easily for me as I am tired all the time. I pretty much require a nap throughout the day, which makes it difficult when I am at work because I can't take naps so by 2pm I am exhausted and just ready to go home.
 
Cravings: 

I haven't had any, but I am more picky about what I want to eat. I used to love Ramen Noodles but just the thought of them makes me want to gag. Just typing that was hard enough.
 
Baby movement: 

I haven't felt anything yet, but I'd like to start. I know it's coming, but I just want to experience every moment of pregnancy. Waiting four years for this miracle, I want to really enjoy this whole experience.
 
Gender:

Not sure yet. A few friends have asked if I will be doing the blood gender test, and I've thought about it but E is undecided as he is perfectly fine with waiting until our anatomy scan. Aside from wanting to know early so I can refer to my baby by his or her name, I also want to know so I can start buying stuff. If it turns out to be affordable, we may go for it, otherwise we will just be patient and find out when the time is right.
 
Challenges this week: 

Having the energy to do anything. Sometimes I have ample energy to get me through the day, but usually I am so exhausted and just wish I was home. During the days while I'm home, taking a nap reenergizes me, but after working all day, it is near impossible for me to find the energy to do anything.
 
Best moment this week: 

Seeing one healthy heartbeat during our ultrasound appointment on January 6! Unfortunately, we did lose a twin, called "vanishing twin," which is where the non-viable twin is absorbed into the placenta and the surviving twin grows stronger because of the nutrients. Although, we were saddened to hear we lost one, we are over the moon that we finally have our Rainbow baby! The heartbeat was perfect at 150 beats. It is absolutely amazing what our bodies can do. From one little tiny sperm and one little tiny egg, to a sweet little embryo, then a fetus, and then a sweet baby to love. It just amazes me! No science can do this, it is all God! Every day I pray and just take a few minutes to thank Him for this amazing blessing. This miracle baby is a reminder that His time is the right time. "For He knows the plans He has for me. Plans to prosper me and not to harm me." Jeremiah 29:11.

WEEKLY UPDATES:
Week 6