SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

9 WEEKS | BUMPDATE {01.23.2016}


How far along: 9 weeks.
Size of baby: Green Olive.

Must have items: 
  • Body pillow. Oh how I adore my body pillow, sleeping without it makes me so miserable during the night.
  • Jacket/Blanket. I am cold freezing all the time now, they weren't joking when they said your internal thermometer gets messed up when you're pregnant because mine has! 
Sleep: 

Sleep is great! It has become increasingly harder for me to get up and go to work. I sleep in later than I used to. My original wake up time was 5:30am but now, I have to get that thirty minutes of additional sleep which means come 6:00am, I am up running around like a mad woman. Then upon arriving home, I only want to watch one or two of my TV shows and head to bed afterwards.

Cravings: 

I haven't really noticed anything in particular. Though I hate chicken. Well to be honest, I hate the idea of chicken. The past few nights, I have tried to avoid  cooking at all costs because I just turn my nose up to chicken. I love, love, LOVE, fruit! I found these oh so delicious fresh fruit popsicles and I adore them. I can eat those for dinner and be filled up no problem. Other fruits like oranges, strawberries, cantaloupe, and grapes are always on my menu.

Baby's movement: 

I haven't felt the baby move yet, still too small. But, I have felt plenty of "uterine stretching." It started beginning to mid-week at 8weeks and has continued. It feels like a mild period starting but without bleeding or increased pain. It literally feels like someone is taking my uterus and just pulling it. Though it is completely normal, when it started, I was freaking out! Feeling something so similar to a period was very nerve-racking, but after reading my "What to Expect When Expecting" (a.k,a. my pregnancy bible - literally), I have come to realize that it is just expected and totally good as long as I do not see any bleeding. So far so good!

Gender: 

I have no idea yet. I'm so ready to find out. We are still trying to decided whether we want to do the blood test or just wait until the anatomy scan. Turns out, you can get the blood test at 12 weeks, not 10. And it takes anywhere from ten days to two weeks to get the results back. Though it sounds great, the thing that I'm most worried about is the cost. I'm just not sure if it's necessary for me to fork out $350 when I could just be patient and wait until 16 or 20 weeks and get the scan done for free. I guess I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do.

Challenges this week: 

Going to work. I was out all last week due to the nasty bronchitis I was fighting. Though the bronchitis is gone, a cold has stuck around, but I felt well enough to return to work. The hard part, getting up in the morning. I am so tired all the time! Mornings are tough, afternoons around 1:30-2pm I am exhausted, and then after work at home around 7:30-8pm I am out like a light. I heard that this gets better second trimester, and I really hope that's true because work is so much harder. I feel like I exhaust all of my energy during the day and then by the time I get home, I don't want to do anything, making working out, cooking, really anything and everything impossible. I will say, I absolutely love it! It totally sounds like I'm complaining, but the reality is, I would take all the symptoms in the world if it means my baby is growing healthy and strong.

Best moment this week: 

I know this will probably sound weird, but I love feeling nauseous. It comes and goes, but it reminds me that our sweet little baby is growing. Additionally, and possibly the greatest part of making it to 9 weeks, I have officially entered my third month of pregnancy! Which means only three weeks left before we enter the second trimester!!! I've been so overwhelmed with joy since our positive test and I just thank God every single day for our blessing.

WEEKLY UPDATES:
Next Prenatal Appointment |Wednesday, January 27

*no Bumpdate photo this week, didn't have a chance to snap one. 
Baby was 9 weeks on Thursday, January 21.*