SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 25, 2016

HOSPITAL TOUR + LATE BUMPDATE {01.25.2016}

First, my extremely late bumpdate photo. Part of the reason that it is so late is that I have been so exhausted these last few weeks and every time I thought about taking the photo, I was already dressed down to PJs. So, I had to have E take the photo for me while we were on our way out of the house on Sunday morning.
I swear my belly grew over night. Sometime last week, I was getting ready for work and noticed that I couldn't button my pants. I was thinking that maybe I had gained some weight, but then I looked in the mirror and noticed my belly was looking much bigger than I expected. I will be 10 weeks on Thursday, January 28, so I wasn't expecting the bump to make an appearance until around week 12 or later, but I guess this belly wanted to grow. I'm going to try really hard to take the 10 week photo on time this week.
 
Alright, so Sunday was a fun and busy day for us. We celebrated our goddaughter's first birthday, then headed to the hospital for our very first hospital tour. We were so excited and throughout the tour we both learned valuable information. I'm really glad we went early because I want to start getting payments setup and completed before delivery date. During the tour, they showed us the regular labor and delivery rooms, the post-partum rooms, and even a post-partum suite. Of course, I fell in love with the suite, until she told me it was an additional $300 a night. I would probably pay for it if I knew I was going to be there for a while, but the fact that we will only be in the post-partum rooms for two nights means there's no reason to spend $600 on the hospital when I can spend $600 spoiling my newborn.
 
One thing that I absolutely love about our hospital, is that they enforce a strict "golden hour" after birth. The "golden hour" is an entire hour that mom, dad, and baby get alone after the baby has been born. This is the time that we can do skin-to-skin contact, breastfeeding, and just enjoy our newborn without distractions from others. The nurses even said that they specifically tell friends and family they are not allowed into the room until the hour is complete. Another thing I like is that there is a three person max during labor and delivery. Which means, only E, and two guests are allowed in the room during labor and delivery. This is a strict rule that the hospital enforces to ensure that if there is an emergency, they can remove the guests quickly and without too much disruption.
 
All in all, the hospital meets a lot of our needs and are very accommodating to the things that we want and prefer for our delivery. Though every mom and dad have different desires, we have already outlined what we are looking for in our delivery experience, and the hospital met all of those desires. If you are interested, the hospital is The Women's Hospital of Texas. My OB is an affiliate with the hospital so I'm very happy that they were able to meet our needs. Ironically, my doctor is the same doctor that deliver Erik at The Women's Hospital of Texas just twenty-four years ago.