SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Last Name Change {10.26.2012}

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!
I don't know how many of you know, but Erik and I said "I Do" about 5 months ago in beautiful Huntsville, TX. I was working full time right before my wedding and I was only able to take off 2 weeks, the week-of and the week after for our Honeymoon trip. Immediately after our Honeymoon, I returned to work so I was never really able to change my last name on anything, not my drivers license, bank card, or social security card. Finally, after a move back to Houston, TX in July, starting school in August, starting a part-time job in September, and being directionally challenged, I found time in my schedule to go with my mother-in-law to get my last name changed on my drivers license. We headed to Hempstead, TX (which is about 20mins from Houston, TX) at about 11am. When we got to the DPS there was a line of about 15 people. We got in line and literally waited for 2 hours in the sun (not inside of an A/C building). We finally got into the building at about 1:55pm, it took all of about 5mins to do the thumb print, electronic signature and have my picture taken. But I am proud to announce that after 5 months of marriage (hehe)....

I am officially Mrs. Megan Renee Richards!!!

I would show you my temporary license with my new last name but it is an absolutely terrible picture! Its like impossible for me to look good when the DPS takes my picture. I don't know why, but their camera is just horrible!! Either way I am so blessed to finally have Erik's last name on something other than my marriage certificate!! (:

Oh and here are some of my wedding pictures...enjoy!
 Our first dance to "Big Green Tractor" by Jason Aldean which happened to be the first song we danced to at prom, the day Erik and I started dating.
 Our first kiss and let me tell you, it was absolutely and completely perfect! So much better than a dream!
 This is my totally darling Father-in-law! My father passed away 4 years ago on my 16th birthday so I asked my FIL to walk me down to his son! It was symbolic of him allowing me to have his son and for his son to have me. I am so blessed he could do it!
 Another view of our first kiss. We were married at the Huntsville State Park Lodge which was right next to the gorgeous lake you see in the picture. We had tons of viewers in canoes watching our ceremony. They were so respectful and quiet, I didn't even hear them or know they were there until I saw the pictures.
Here is a make-shift ring photo. The photographer forgot to take one, so before we left Huntsville, Erik and I snap this picture with our iPhones. I have to admit, it turned out pretty great!


I hope everyone has a wonderful pre-Halloween weekend! Be safe!

God Bless

Megan