SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

CROSSFIT FOR LIFE {06.23.2015}


Back in late 2013 I had heard, from a previous co-worker, about Crossfit. She explained that it was high intensity work with great benefits. I have always wanted to try Crossfit but have always been hesitant since I usually like to challenge myself, but sometimes, even with the most challenging workouts, I still don't feel like I've worked hard enough. I'm sure some people would disagree and say "a workout is a workout," but I don't believe that anymore. I used to think that, back before I lost my 35 pounds, before I realized what good losing weight has done for me body both internally and externally, more importantly for my attitude. I am much happier since losing the weight. I still go to the gym daily and push myself to be better than last week but I just feel like I need a little more...push!
 
Being a cheerleader majority of my life, I always had a coach or two yelling at me to run, tumble, workout, get fit. After High School and Cheer, I didn't have that. My life completely changed. Going from a very fit and active sport to nothing, was difficult. Over the years, since 2013, I have thought many times about Crossfit but again, just psyched myself out and decided not to go. Finally, after researching and learning more, I realized that it sounds just like what I need.
 
So what did I do? Well, I set up for E and I to attend our very first Crossfit workout...tomorrow! E isn't too thrilled but I am. I mean, I'm nervous, that's for sure! But I think having a group of people working towards the same goal is a good thing for us. We need to be challenged just a little more. We need to be encouraged. We need to make sure that, when we workout, that we are using that time wisely.
 
I am so excited that I decided to start figuring out what I'm going to wear. Ridiculous right? (see side photos for outfit options) But training for a healthy mind and body is kind of like going on a date. You get an hour to work hard and make it count. Then at the end of the night, if you worked hard enough, you might feel like you've succeeded and got the best work out for your money and time.
 
I am still waist training during the day, so far, I have seen some results. I will do an update on this soon. We are also following along with the 21 Day Fix eating plan.
 
Have you tried Crossfit? Are you a current Crossfitter? Let me know what you love about Crossfit. Interested learning more about Crossfit? Check it out here, for the Houston, TX location!

I will post a follow-up from the Crossfit workout on Thursday.