SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, March 5, 2015

THE PLAN ~ COLLEGE EDITION {03.05.2015}

There is only one reason that I am posting this...for my future self to look back at and either a) laugh because I made my plans a reality or b) to pout to myself and whine because I failed to accomplish my plans. Although any time option "b" goes into affect, it's typically because a better option has come to the surface and we took it and ran. However, that does not mean in any shape or form that I want, or will even allow, option "b" to take place, so let's go ahead and move right along to the topic and ignore option "b" was even there....

Currently, I have plans in motion to finish enrolling in a few classes at my current community college where I had previously taken classes. Right now I have about 8-10 classes left that I can take at the com. college, the remainder must be taken at the university. Below is my timeline version of my plan...

Mini-Mester (05.2015-06.2015) ~ Math 1314
Summer Semester 1 (07.2015-08.2015) ~ English 1302
Summer Semester 2 (07.2015-08.2015) ~ History 1302
Fall 2015-2016 ~ Up to three 3- or 4-credit hour transferrable classes
Spring 2016-2017 ~ Up to three 3- or 4-credit hour transferrable classes
Mini-Mester (May 2017) ~ One 3-credit hour transferrable classes
  • transferrable classes must be chosen from University degree plan
Fall 2016~ Transfer to University!!!

I would like to major in Education. Basically, I would like to get the Bachelors of Science for Math Teaching grades 4-8.

Currently, I have two colleges that I would like to apply to...

***drumroll please***

First up on my list...TAMU: Texas A&M University ~ Go Aggies!
Although it pains me, born in NOLA and raised a Tigers fan, I feel like this is really the best option for me for a number of reasons, so that is why TAMU is the school of my choice, number 1.



Second...UH: University of Houston ~ Go Coogs!
So originally, this was my go-to school, but after realizing that the better option would be for me to attend TAMU, I decided to keep this one on my list as a "backup." (After all, a girl's always got to have a back up plan)

So there you have it! That is my plan and I'm sticking to it. I am sooo ready to go back to school. Especially seeing my husband in his school for his job, it makes me realize that I need to better myself and do what I love...TEACHING! It's going to be a long couple of years, but in the end it will all be worth it. And every time I get discouraged, I will remind myself about the 80 year old woman here in Houston that went back to school and got her degree! If sweet granny can do it, so can I!!!!

LET'S GO AGGIES! ***fingers crossed*** I've only got until January 2016 to get where I need to be to apply for my Fall 2016 transfer to TAMU.

Stay fit, preppy, smart, and blessed!