SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 11, 2015

GUEST BLOGGER • NPC BIKINI COMPETITOR - CHEYENNE JANCARIC {09.11.2015}

I was lucky enough to not only have cheered with this lovely lady, but I also got to run track with her in middle school. After I moved away we lost touch, but as I've said in many of my previous blog posts, fitness allows people to come together. I'm so glad that Cheyenne and I have reconnected and I've been following her amazing journey to the competition stage. She is a wonderful role model for anyone who is looking to compete. Here is Cheyenne's amazing story.
 
{CHEYENNE'S STORY}
 
I have always been an athlete and competitor at heart. I did just about every sport you can imagine. After I graduated high school and no longer had a coach keeping me in shape, life kind of just happened. I got a full time job and over time began to care less and less about my health. It wasn't until about 3 years ago when I was diagnosed with a chronic illness, called Gastroparesis, that I finally started to take my health more seriously. There are few treatments, and no known cures so far, but I was determined to not let my disease dictate how I would live my life.
I began to overload myself with cardio, running 5-7 miles a day but was still not seeing the results I wanted. Finally, a guy I was interested in introduced me to bodybuilding and weightlifting. I instantly fell in love with the sport. The goal image I had for myself went from girls like Victoria Secret models to Olympia IFBB Bikini Pros. I was fascinated with muscles and couldn't wait for mine to grow so that one day I could compete against the best. So I started training in January and did my very first show in March and placed 3rd in my class! And now I'm currently in prep for my second show with hopes of bringing a better package.
Cheyenne JancaricI stick to lean meats like chicken, sirloin, and turkey (I hate seafood), clean carbs like sweet or red potatoes and rice, green veggies, and if I'm not in prep I allow myself to have fruits or dairy like Greek yogurt. I always take a fat burner with a good amount of caffeine in morning. My job requires me to work 12 hours shifts and these help keep me away from energy drinks. Before I do cardio, I also take a thermogenic because I love to sweat. I drink Aminos following a workout, and I occasionally take a prewrokout. The week of a competition or photoshoot, I may take a diuretic if I am holding too much water.
The gym is my escape, so I spend basically all of my free time there. Before and after work I workout. I probably spend 3-4 hours a day at the gym. I train every day, alternating body parts and incorporating cardio. I plan to compete for as long as I am able to. I love this lifestyle and my goal is to be an IFBB Pro Bikini Competitor. I am currently working on my personal training certification so that I can share my passion and help others get healthy.
Follow Cheyenne on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram. 
I am extremely thankful that Cheyenne shared her story with us. She is an inspiration to me in so many ways and I hope she has inspired you to see just how many doors open up for you when you start getting healthy and fit.
Congratulations to Cheyenne for placing third in her first NPC Bikini Competition and best wishes for her future competitions. I'm looking forward to the possibility of competing alongside of her at the NPC Phil Heath in March 2016.
*To learn more about NPC Bikini Competitions, click here!*
*read Cheyenne's original interview here!*
Thinking about doing a Bikini Competition?
Get your suit from Angel Competition Bikinis or visit Stakked Couture
(Angel Competition Bikinis)
Stakked Couture
*Megan is not affiliated with or a member the National Physique Committee at this time. Megan does not work for Angel Competition Bikinis or Stakked Couture. Megan was not paid by the National Physique Committee, Angel Competition Bikinis, or Stakked Couture for this post. Guest Bloggers are not paid and are offering their stories at their own will. Guest Blogger information should not be copied or sold. Please do not steal images from this post.*