SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Chocolate, Work & Our Life As We Love It!! 01.19.2013

Hello everyone!

I hope your weekend is bringing you happiness and sunshine.

This weather week in Houston has been crazy! With one day hot, one day ice on our cars and now a beautiful sunny Saturday all in one week, I'm bound to have a story for you! Well first let me start by saying I OFFICIALLY LOVE CHOCOLATE! I used to hate it. I'd take a bite and it would just make me so thirsty- blah! But then, a co-worker of mine brought dark chocolate mini Hershey bars in and I went to town! I ate piece after piece after piece. It was so yummy! I was shocked with myself because for years I tried to eat chocolate but it never got my taste buds moving until now. So I guess you could say I am like a die hard chocolate fan-yay! All yummy chocolates aside, I was super busy at work this week. My desk was over flowing with papers on-top papers and assignment following assignment. I felt like I was never going to get it done, but no worries, I got all of it done :) Erik has been busy at work as well. Right now they are working on a building and they have to have all the welding and piping done in less than 2 months! I don't know how they do it, but they make sure it gets done on time. This past Friday, Erik and I were in need of some groceries, we finally joined Sam's club and we are so in love. The prices are great and we can buy in bulk which means it lasts much longer. Oh Sam's club, you can do no wrong-hehe. So Erik and I have been needing some high quality photos taken because our engagement pictures are average, our wedding pictures are average and the only phenomenal photos we have are of us going to Prom and we certainly don't look the same anymore. So I found this outstanding photographer and we are scheduled to snap shots in February. Oh I can't wait!! And in the mean time, we trying to eat right and I'm working on my smile so that its perfected when picture time comes. Not to mention, it seems like the months are flying by! What happened to December? That came and went in a FLASH! Guess its true, once your out of High school time just keeps on keeping on. Recently, we've been thinking more and more about adoption. Maybe it's because my 21st birthday is around he corner somewhere, or maybe it's just that baby-fever is hitting us hard. Well whatever the reason, it's been the topic of our conversations for more than a week now. We've even started applying for adoption, just to get the ball rolling. It's pretty exciting to read about and dream about but also very nerve-racking because we have no control over anything when it comes to adoption. We're hoping to hear from someone soon, but until then, we're keeping God beside us and praying he answers us. Oh, I can't forget to mention our year anniversary which is less than 5 months away!!! Pretty darn exciting if you ask me. Still hard to believe its been almost a year but, Amen, it feels good to be in love. What's that song, "you look so good in love?" That song is exactly how I feel! We've been looking on Groupon everyday trying to find a good deal on a trip. We aren't looking to stay long, we are thinking about leaving Thursday night, May 23rd, and return Monday night, May 27. Since Mothers Day falls on our actual anniversary and there's no day off until May 27th, we decided to push it back so we could get an extra day and not miss Mothers Day. I guess we would be gone for 4 nights and 5 days. It'll be quick but it will be a nice little getaway for our anniversary. We are still actively trying to conceive and hopefully we will get a positive pregnancy test in the next few weeks or months. It's definitely a lot harder then we thought. We were told all our lives how easy it is to get pregnant young, but we've had no luck whatsoever. I guess that's how it works sometimes. We are still keeping our heads up, enjoying the journey and we continue to pray that God will give us the gift of a healthy miracle baby. Other than that, not much else is going on. We are looking forward to church tomorrow and I guess no football now that the Texans are out of the playoffs. But, we can't complain, they gave us a GREAT season! Way to go boys!!!

God bless,

Megan