SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Parrot-Heads, Mermaids, Pirates?? YES!!!!! {01.30.2013}

A Perfect Party Theme!
I know, I know, September is months away. But for me, its prime party-planning time! I’ve been dreaming about the day that I turn 21 and it seriously hasn’t come soon enough!! I’m not really the “go out and get drunk in a club with loud noises” type of gal. I like to spend time with friends and family who really enjoy my company and make me feel important. So {to no surprise} my party-planning DIY personality kicked in full gear when I discovered my PERFECT party theme and location! Let me just say, if there’s one thing you got to learn about me, I LOVE JIMMY BUFFET!! I am a DIE-HARD Parrot Head {all thanks to my late father}. As you can imagine, my theme is…… “A Mermaid looks at 21!” Oh boy I cannot wait!! So here are some of the pictures I found and what will be my inspiration as I being my planning for this one-of-a-kind Buffet celebration! {Mind you, I will be making changes to make mine more personalized for ME!}
I love the top picture, I won't be having very many guests {HOORAY!} but I love the set up with the Margarita (plastic) glasses holding the Corona's {Which if I have to pick a beverage to use, Corona would be my choice}. The "Sandbars" are another idea that I will be stealing. Everyone I know loves Rice-Krispy Treats but I think I'm going to try to use cookie dough instead. If it doesn't work, Rice-Krispy's it is. I'm not a huge fan of Rice-Krispy's but hey if it keeps the fans happy, then so be it! The cupcakes I totally adore but I'd probably end up using different decorative pieces.

Ok, seriously?? Who can go wrong with Hamburgers? They are everyone's favorite meal and yes, they will be served (with and without cheese). The "Round O' Brew" will also be seen at my party for those who want to head down to the beach with a bucket-good idea huh?? I just love the Corona and Hula girl shot! {Super Cute!}

I love the banners and will probably end up making mine because I am a DIY girl but I will not be using those colors-definitely NOT orange! I love the surf-board idea but I'm not entirely sure where I will be able to find something like that, so I'll have to play around a bit with ideas. The Margarita glasses are fun! I'm not sure what's in this but I will be making Jello shots but I will be using these instead {just a light amount of alcohol will be used since they are so big!} The cake-pips are a done deal! No party is complete without them. Mine will probably not look nearly as good, but I will do my best... 

The pickle and french fries with ketchup is a MUST! Grab one to use as a side with the Hamburgers. I might make some without the pickles since some people don't like pickles. The top right picture will not be at my party so skip to the below picture. The "Shark Bites" will make a debut at my party. Cute little blue cake balls with blue m&ms!

I will definitely be drawing a BIG "Megan's 21" in the sand! How can you go to the beach and not write something in the sand? I love the cupcakes! You bet they will be at my party! I will also have mini bottles of Jose Quervo and there HAS to be "Shakers of Salt" with candy inside!


Ignore the top picture since I have no idea who they are-hehe but the little bottles of ketchup-those will be there! Notice the cookie-cake on the table, that will also be at my party!


Look at how cute this all looks? I don't have an autograph but I will find a picture of him and have it proudly displayed. Maybe I can find someone in the office with Photoshop abilities who can photoshop us together, wouldn't that be fun?!

Here's a close up of one of the tables. Seriously?! Cannot get any more perfect and fun then this!

And finally, I love the "Today's Surf Conditions". It is truly needed in Galveston as the weather is always changing here in the great state of Texas! And Flip-Flops to blow-out!? YES PLEASE!!!!!

Well that's all for me! I hope you enjoyed my theme and I look forward to posting pictures! I might even bump my party up to June just for the heck of it!
God Bless
post signature

Here is the link to the blog where I found this wonderful theme: