SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Meal Prepping, Planning, & Organizing

Today we will talk about Meal Planning, Prepping, and Organization! 

Let's start with...

Meal Planning! 
This is always fun for me because I love being organized and if I have a schedule, I usually can stick to it. Follow along with my photos to see how I meal plan.
1)
First I start with the pervious weeks planner.
2) 
I cross out what I don't need for this week (usually because I have left overs) and then I circle things I will need to double up on. You can also see that I will write how many times or how many of those items I will need. 
3) 
I write down my grocery list based off of my highlights, circles, and numbers. 
4) 
I plan my meals for the week. The top meal is dinner, below that is my breakfast and off to the side are my snacks for that day. The hubs usually grabs lunch so I don't make him anything.
5)
& now it's time to go shopping! 

Pretty simple for meal planning. Now on to...

Meal Prepping!
Basically I will go down the list of lunches and snacks and pre-pack everything. I do not pre-cook dinners, however I will pre-cut and pre-package my veggies. Here are some samples of what I package...
Here is my green bell pepper and egg omelet, seasoned with Cajun seasoning. 
This is my favorite meal prep breakfast! 1 boiled egg, green grapes, and mozzarella string cheese. (My typical breakfast if you've been following my PCOS Diet Days)
And I do make the hubs eggs and bacon...so delicious...I'm so jealous!! Hehe 

Now let's move to the final topic...

Meal Organization!
I love my fridge! Probably one of my most favorite things. It is so organized and I'll explain how I organize it. 
Alrightly, so obviously at the bottom we have two drawers left drawer is veggies, right is fruits. (Pretty basic lol)
Above that is drinks! (BTW we had more gallons but I left them in the car)
In the little drawer I keep cheese sticks, bacon, and any extra things that might be hanging around.
Next is the breakfast and lunch packages. Far left is my breakfast packages, next to that is the hubs' breakfast packages, beside that is my lunches which are salads and grilled chicken, and then finally far right is chicken for dinners. 
Top level far right are my pineapple packages, I do have a few more days of lunches on the top, but to the far right, is all of our chopped veggies in individual containers. 

Well ladies, that is all I've got for Meal Planning, Prepping, and Organization. I hope this inspires you. Before I end, I always cook all the food (boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, and my grilled chicken for the salads) the day I go grocery shopping. I also chop up all the veggies that day as well. It makes dinners so easy when I just have to cook the chicken or fish and throw the veggies in a pan. Makes meal time so easy! I hope you enjoyed this and I hope it helps you! 

For those interested...here is a Meal Plan chart that you can use: http://www.theprojectgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mealplanner22.gif

Well Wishes and Baby Dust