SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 1, 2015

BLOG NAME CHANGE {01.01.2015}

Well, we did it! We made it 2015. Does anyone else seem like this came way too quickly? Oh well, it's here. This means that we have just turned page number 1 of our 365 page story. Be sure to write your story everyday. If I can just take a moment to quote Baz Luhmann here; "Do one thing every day that scares you." Need more inspiration? Just read the full lyrics here: http://www.metrolyrics.com/everybodys-free-to-wear-sunscreen-lyrics-baz-luhrmann.html. If it doesn't make your eyes open and hearts smile, then you didn't read it correctly and need to start over.

By now most of you, well the few that have been following our blog since the beginning, may have noticed a HUGE change. Well, you are right! We are no longer keeping the "Richards Family Blog" and have now become "Pending Conceivability." It suits us well for the imminent changes we will be facing. Oh, you want to know what the changes are? Well here's the details...

Erik and I "took off" a year (2014) from the TTC (trying to conceive) world. We decided that we wanted to focus solely on traveling and just "being." If you read our recap post, then you would have seen just how much we focused on travel and having fun.  But just as every year comes to an end, so does traveling. I must admit that we had a grand time all throughout 2014, but there comes a time when you must move forward with plans for the future. So, after many "sit-downs" and conversations, E and I decided it is time for us to return to the TTC world. And rather quickly too! As of right now, we have a Dr. appointment scheduled on January 5, 2015. Right now our goal is to get back on Clomid, and see where it takes us. I can't really answer a whole lot of questions about our plans because, frankly, we aren't trying to "plan" this time around. I think one moment that made me realize I can't plan this, is when E and I found out we were pregnant the first time. We tried, and tried, and tried and finally, when we got to our third round of Clomid we threw in the towel. had fun, and just took the medication. No planning, no OPKs or Temping, nothing! Just the old fashioned, medicine down the hatch, baby dancing style. And boom! We got pregnant. Unfortunately because we had thrown in the towel, we forgot to pay attention to the minuet hints that we were pregnant and when we finally took the test, we had already lost the baby. Well, I mean there are a few ideas and goals I would like to accomplish this time around, but I would like to be more like a minimalist and not plan so much. As of right now, here is the minimalist plan I do have... 
Step 1: Dr. appointment
Step 2: Medication
Step 3: Baby Dance
Step 4: Take tests at appropriate timing
Step 5: Repeat if necessary otherwise...CELEBRATE our Pregnancy!!!!

So that's kind of how the plan will go. Now, that's not to say that with this minimalist plan we won't be wishing and hoping and dreaming and praying. But as far as the planning aspect goes, it's all in His timing anyways so we just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. 

Plans for updating the blog? As of right now, I still have goals to update weekly, which would work out quite perfectly since most of my updates will be based on a weekly cycle. Now for most women, a cycle is start to end of a period. Basically, a cycle is from the start of period one period to the start of the next period. I'll break it down for the newbie's...let's say I start my period on January 10th, I finish it after 5 days, take Clomid on days 3 through 7 of the cycle, go through the horrid two week wait, take a few HPTs, and then my next period starts on February 13th. In this case, my first cycle would be completed on February 12th and my new cycle would begin on the first day of my next period, which is February 13th. This way of "cycling" will help me keep the blog updated. If it doesn't make sense, don't worry, I will try to explain it in detail and you can just follow me throughout my upcoming cycle. Another way I plan on updating the blog is by doing weekly, possibly daily, cycle trackers. I want to be able to look back on my journey, since I feel like I didn't divulged much of my first time on Clomid on the blog. Here is the flow of the tracker...

Cycle Day:
Medication:
Symptoms:
OPK or HPT:
Next Dr. Appt.:
Milestones:
Fertility Chart:

I may add things as needed, but so far that's what I've got. I figured it would be good for me to track things throughout my journey through the TTC world and second try at Clomid. This is one of the many things I wish I would've done my first try at Clomid because I would have had so much information to go off of, but, I can't dwell on the past and I just need to focus on staying up-to-date with this information so I can have it in the future. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Hard to believe today is the first day of the new year. E and I hope that 2015 brings you all lots of happiness and health. I look forward to updating you after my Dr. appointment on Monday, January 5. Be safe, and welcome to 2015!!!