SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 9, 2015

PROVERA • DAYS 1-5 {01.09.2015}

Last Monday, January 5, I returned to my OBGYN's office after a whole year off TTC duty. It was refreshing to be back in the TTC world, but it definitely brought back memories...good and bad. After my appointment, I filled a prescription for Provera. Provera, in simple terms, is a medication administered by a Doctor to start a woman's menstrual cycle. I took this pill for five days: January 5 through January 9. I wanted to do a cycle update, to key you in on some of the things that took place during those five days. This will hopefully help anyone who is looking into getting on Provera or anyone that may be about to start taking Provera. Here are my five days of updates...

Provera Day 1 ~ 01/05
Cycle Day: --- (cycle has not started yet)
Medication: Provera 10mg
Symptoms: None, I really didn't expect any since I took the pill around 8pm
OPK or HPT: ---
Next Dr. Appt.: Not scheduled yet
Milestones: Feeling confident, I was so nervous taking the pill but I swallowed it and I feel like that is a pretty big milestone so far
Fertility Chart: Will upload once cycle begins, starting on day 1

Provera Day 2 ~ 01/06
Cycle Day: --- (cycle has not started yet)
Medication: Provera 10mg
Symptoms: Feeling residual from yesterdays but a little sore boobs and a few cramps throughout the day but eventually subsided
OPK or HPT: ---
Next Dr. Appt.: Not scheduled yet
Milestones: None today
Fertility Chart: Will upload once cycle begins, starting on day 1

Provera Day 3 ~ 01/07
Cycle Day: --- (cycle has not started yet)
Medication: Provera 10mg
Symptoms: Same thing, just sore boobs
OPK or HPT: ---
Next Dr. Appt.: Still not scheduled
Milestones: Nothing...boo!!!!
Fertility Chart:---

Provera Day 4 ~ 01/08
Cycle Day: --- (cycle has not started yet)
Medication: Provera 10mg
Symptoms: Boobs and horrible tight, pinching cramps right around 5:30pm, headache hit around the same time as the cramps
OPK or HPT: ---
Next Dr. Appt.: Nope, not yet hehe
Milestones: I did remember to take my temp this morning, finally!!!
Fertility Chart: ---

Provera Day 5 ~ 01/09
Cycle Day: --- (cycle has not started yet)
Medication: Provera 10mg
Symptoms: Boobs feel heavy and soreness is on and off throughout the day, cramps have only hit about three times today and it was not nearly as bad as Thursday, also I've had a headache all day but have felt no sickness and a good amount of energy so I know it's not getting sick, possibly Provera
OPK or HPT: ---
Next Dr. Appt.: Not quite yet
Milestones: Feel pretty proud to have successfully remembered to take a prenatal every morning, I also remembered to take my temp this morning YAY, and today was my last day of Provera HIP HIP HOORAY!
Fertility Chart: ---