SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

OPK | CYCLE DAY 15 {01.27.2015}

Today I "reconfigured" my cycle!!!

According to my Drs papers, I should ovulate around cycle days 15 through 18. That got me to thinking..."what if the OPK on CD 12 was not a true positive?" 

Then I started thinking about everything that goes into calculating and pinpointing ovulation...

1) positive OPK 
2) EWCM 
3) rise in temps for 3 days

Well, maybe, just maybe, I haven't actually ovulated yet. Let's take a look at my 7 days of OPKs as well as my Fertility Friend chart and Ovia Fertility Monitor.

OPK | CYCLE DAY 15 : CLOMID YEAR 2 • ROUND 1
Here are CDs 9 through 11, you can see on CD 9 it is very faint and negative, CDs 10 & 11 are slightly darker but still negative. 
Next, you see CDs 12 through 15. CD 12 looked as dark as the control like but after further investigation it turned out to still be slightly lighter which would make it negative. CD 13 was definitely a negative, and it was followed by CDs 14 & 15 which are both negatives. 

Park of the reason I believe that I have not quite yet ovulated is the fact that my OPKs are getting darker again, AND I have yet to see a rise in temps which means ovulation could not have occurred yet. The only thing that I find strange, is that on CD 12, when I thought I ovulated, my temp rose. However, it was not followed by three rising temps. 

As of right now, I'm not sure what this means. I was very certain that I ovulated on CD 12 but I'm starting to believe that maybe I will ovulate soon and that is why my temps are dipping.

********Cycle Update {01.26.2015}*******

Fertility Friend
My chart yesterday shows the rise on CD 12 but then two preceding days of dropped temps.

Ovia Fertility Monitor
Before I "reconfigured" my cycle, this is what Ovia was telling me. Keep in mind this was with the CD 12 OPK being saved as positive.

***********Cycle Updated Below************

Fertility Friend
Focus only on the temps and notice how they have continued to drop. Again, this lets me know that I have, in fact, not ovulated at this time.

Ovia Fertility Monitor
And you can see that after I "reconfigured" my cycle and removed the positive OPK, Ovia updated the cycle information dashboard. 

I believe that ovulation will take place within the next two to three days. I will no longer take OPKs and instead will only be relying on my temps from here on out.

Also, the SMEP will be drastically changed. For now our plan is to BD every other night until shift in temp. Once the first raised temp has been seen, we will begin following the SMEP BD days suggested for OPK day until cycle end.

Thanks for sticking around and keeping up with our crazy cycle! Baby dust and God Bless!