SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Grace of God & Designer Lables!

Happy Saturday Peeps!!

Let me tell you something, God works in mysterious ways! For example, Erik and I got married May 12 2012, we were so close to getting a house, the papers were signed, the money was down, all we needed was a yes from the loan company. However, in the midst of it all, God changed our paths and we backed out and got an apartment. Now people always ask "Why would you back out?" Well I'll tell you why; we backed out because it wasn't in our plan. God has a plan for everyone and our plan was to sit back and wait. And here is what we've been waiting for.....In September, after almost 2 months of living (back) in Houston, I was in desperate need for a job. Hubby had one but I was lacking and boy did we need that extra cash for bills and such. Luckily, right before my birthday {September 7th 2012}, I had an interview with a wonderful family to help them with their two boys ages 12 and 13. I immediately said YES and started the Monday after my birthday. The money was good and the experience was even better! After a few more months, we decided to buy a few things that we probably shouldn't have, and we immediately realized that the money I was making wasn't nearly enough to cover the things we needed and we were struggling badly. So after a few weeks I decided to ask the lord for help. In everything I do, the lord is right beside me, I may not have leaned on him before but recently I have realized that he wants you to need him. When you get married, they tell you that you and your husband become one with the lord, and that is so true! In these past few days I have felt that more than ever! After realizing that God only wants to help us as a married couple, I prayed for him to give me a sign. I don't know what encouraged me, but a few days later {Wednesday October 31st 2012} I applied for multiple jobs at 9am. Around 11am I jumped in the shower only to turn around not facing the water and pray. I told the lord that we were struggling and that we really needed him more than anything right now. {Thursday November 1st 2012} The lord answered my prayers, I received not 1 but 2 calls about job interviews. I was thrilled and I immediately looked to the sky to thank the lord for just the opportunity to get those calls. {Friday November 2nd 2012} I went in for an interview to the 1st company that called me and literally 1hour after my interview they called to offer me the job! I was so ecstatic! I knew in that moment that the lord  already knew what we needed and he provided. After receiving and accepting the job, I realized I had absolutely NO clothes that were appropriate for the working environment. So my MIL, FIL, husband and I set out to go shopping and that was where I found the cutest outfits for work which were inspired by my Pinterest board {hehe}! So, I wanted to share with you some of my new outfits. So here they are!
**The right picture shows the inspiration and the left pictures show the items I bought. P.S. the pictures on the left were taken with an iPhone camera so they don't look nearly as wonderful as the picture on the right (:
Let me just start by saying that this outfit is so perfect for Fall! I just love scarfs and sweaters, so when I saw this on Pinterest, I knew it was an outfit I HAD NEEDED to get!
 
 The top I bought is different from the top pictured because I'm not a big fan of things that button up so I changed it to match my style better. And just look at the turquoise....I LOVE the turquoise! Saying I am a turquoise kind of girl is a HUGE understatement!! And Hello, the Cheetah shoes are my FAV but I can't wear Cheetah with everything so I bought those totally adorable silver with a black bow flats because what girl doesn't love a little sparkle in her step? {hehe}
 This outfit just attracts me so much because it basically says I'm casual yet professional and totally cute! Of course I had to pair it with the sparkly silver and black bow shoes because I am definitely the girl who needs sparkles to smile!!
Here is another totally precious outfit that I paired with the sparkle shoes! And again more turquoise-yay! I saw the turquoise scarf at the store and immediately told Erik that there was no way I was leaving the store without it. But seriously, how could you just leave something so cute? And as an added bonus, the turquoise scarf is a perfect color of cuteness!!!

I hope you enjoyed my post and I hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday! Remember tomorrow is GO TEXANS day, so be sure to wear your Texans gear and cheer them on at 12pm!!!

Thank you for reading and letting me share!

God Bless

Megan