SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

You can't reap what you don't sow....

Happy Election Day Tuesday!
I hope you have voted so you can make a difference for our country!
If not, be sure to do so today!!
Erik & I will be voting later on this evening so join us!!


So if you didn't see the title of this post, here it is again: "You can't reap what you don't sow". What does that mean to Erik and I? Well the specific quote is in the King James version of the Bible and it is; "whatsoever a man soweth, that he shall also reap." To us it simply means that without your actions, nothing will change. For example, Erik and I have always wanted to adopt. It has been something we have talked about since we first got together. We have always said that we want at least 1 biological child but, we want to make a difference in a child's life. When I was in High School, I would always think about my friend who was an adopted child. She would tell me how much she was so blessed to have her parents. She would always say "my parents this" and "my parents that". Honestly, I didn't even know they were her adopted parents until her adopted mom mentioned something one day. I was shocked because I was so sure they were her parents by the way they all loved each other so much. I must admit, it really opened up my eyes when I thought about how those two wonderful people made a decision to walk into a building and take home a child to make an amazing difference in her life. After finding out they weren't her real parents, I was truly able to see the impact it had on her life. A few years ago, when Erik and I first started seriously talking about adoption, I Googled how many children in the U.S. are homeless and without parents. I was so incredibly shocked to see the hundreds of thousands of children just waiting to be loved.  At that moment, Erik and I instantly made the decision that one way or another we would find a way to adopt children who we could give our  love too. Now Erik and I understand adoption isn't easy and it takes a lot of time, but that short amount of time we use waiting will not compare to the years of life that will drastically change for the sweet angel or angles we adopt. We are hoping and praying that God finds a way to make not just our dream but a childs dream come true and that within the next 3 years we can welcome a sweet angel or sweet angels into our loving home.

Thank you so much for letting me share and reading.

God Bless

Megan